Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
Cooper Consolidated is a balanced, asset-based provider of midstream stevedoring, barge, marine, and logistics services. With operations based along the lower Mississippi River between Southwest Pass and Baton Rouge, we provide cargo handling and movements throughout the U.S. inland waterway system. Our expert team ensures your important cargo is safely transported from origin to destination while making the experience as easy and worry-free as possible.
At Cooper Consolidated, our goal is to be the leader in the cargo handling industry. The key to this rests squarely with our people, and the backbone of how our people operate is our unique culture. The CC Way - 28 principles of our high-performing culture - describes the values, behaviors, and practices that are the foundation of this culture. It's what makes us a leader in our industry.
This job is primarily responsible for operating and maintaining heavy equipment, including but not limited to bobcats, cherry pickers, tractors, front end loaders, man lifts, backhoes, and forklifts; depending on area supported may also operate and/or maintain dock cranes and floating cranes.
In this job, you will:
- Fully participate in the company Safety Program and attends daily pre-shift meetings.
- Perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, company safety, and environmental regulations (ISO where applicable); including wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
- Receive work orders from supervisory personnel.
- Communicate flagging instructions to personnel, when/as required.
- Inspect heavy equipment and/or verify inspection prior to use; looking for defects and ensuring proper working order of equipment each shift.
- Inspect and maintain rigging.
- Start-up equipment and perform duties as per assigned work orders.
- Track assigned work and report completion of duties to supervisory personnel.
- Coordinate equipment locations within working areas with appropriate personnel/flagmen.
- Assist maintenance personnel with preventive maintenance and equipment repairs, when required.
- Perform rigging inspections.
- Perform cover handling; may perform barge cover handling/barge drafting.
- Maintain crane, pumping and shingling barges.
- Operate other equipment as required.
- Properly shut down equipment a designed and secure upon completion of assigned task.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
Required - High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required – None.
Preferred - 1 years’ experience working in an industrial environment with a dependable work record; Experience in operation of additional various heavy equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the operation and maintenance of assigned equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards of the work and of necessary safety precautions for the safe operation of assigned equipment.
- Working knowledge and understanding for proper methods for lifting machine/loads per equipment utilized in job duties performed.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Ability to identify operating deficiencies and defects, determine necessary corrective measures, and make minor repairs/service assigned equipment.
- Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service, both internally and externally.
- Ability to safely maneuver equipment in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Here’s additional information you need to know:
Physical Demands & Requirements
Ability to lift/push/pull 45 lbs. occasionally.
Ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel and balance.
Acutely aware of surroundings with ability to quickly adjust to a signal or change in environment.
Ability to understand and communicate verbally, in person and over two-way radio.
Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
Able to perform work in confined spaces.
Ability to work around/on deep water; where applicable.
Ability to work in an environment with high dust levels around grain and other bulk products.
Ability to meet requirements of PFT and fit testing, when applicable.
Ability to meet requirement of and utilize all applicable PPE, when applicable.
Ability to work extended hours, weekend, holidays and/or alternate shifts as needed.
Uses peripheral vision and depth perception for tasks being performed.
The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment.
Travel, 5%-20% travel may be required at some facilities. This may include off-site training and/or work at alternate locations.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at Cooper Consolidated, LLC? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, Cooper Consolidated, LLC offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Cooper Consolidated, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish. We are unable to legally hire anyone who is not eligible to work in the United States nor are we able to sponsor visas.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
Cooper Consolidated, LLC and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and Cooper Consolidated, LLC and its Subsidiaries.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.