Louisiana CAT is accepting applications for Heavy Equipment Service Technician (Alexandria, Bossier City, Hammond, Reserve, Prairieville, Monroe and Lafayette, LA)
We are looking for a HEAVY EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN to join our growing operations.
The person in this role will be responsible for servicing and repairing Caterpillar heavy equipment and/or diesel engines at our shop or onsite at customer locations.
- You will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on all components of heavy equipment such as electrical codes, engines, fuel systems, hydraulics, power generation and power trains
- You will be responsible for removal and installation of heavy equipment engine components according to Caterpillar standards and technical service manuals
- You will understand Caterpillar exchange parts process and financial cost analysis of repairs for our customers
- You will create, track and formalize work order documents on our Caterpillar customer service report software systems
- You will promote positive customer service according to Caterpillar and Louisiana CAT expectations
- We will give you the tools and building blocks to MAKE A CAREER here at Louisiana CAT.
- You'll become so much more than a mechanic
MOST IMPORTANT QUALIFICATIONS
- REQUIRED: High School Diploma or (GED) equivalent
- REQUIRED: Prior technical training of heavy machinery / equipment
- REQUIRED: Strong mechanical aptitude
- Must own required tool inventory. Louisiana Cat offers exclusive Tooling Program (specific discussed during interviews)
- Strong customer service skills, mechanical aptitude, professional demeanor and always "safety-first" mentality every hour of every day
- WORK SHIFT: 12 hour days / some weekend; variety of shifts (specifics will be discussed during interviews)
- Will require physical movement as listed in the job description
SAFETY IN ALL WE DO
- We require strict compliance with PPE (personal protective equipment) safety regulations
- We maintain compliance with all Federal, State and Local safety and company regulations
- All employees must follow all Company Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) procedures
- Louisiana Cat is a drug-free workplace
WHY PEOPLE JOIN LOUISIANA CAT
- We are known for service quality and unsurpassed customer relationships guided by our strong company values, culture and safety standards
- We have energy, focus and passion delivering results because what we do impacts our customers each and every day
- We work across Construction, Electrical Power, Forestry, Governmental, Heavy Equipment, Industrial, Landscaping, Marine Engines and Oil & Gas industries
- We invest in training and development programs for our employees to build their toolkit and career paths here at Louisiana CAT
- We offer competitive pay and benefits, paid holidays and vacation, employee incentive programs and 401(k) company match programs to meet family and work lifestyles
WHO WE ARE
Louisiana CAT is the only authorized Caterpillar Dealer for the state of Louisiana. We provide Caterpillar Equipment, Service, Parts and Engines to customers across a wide range of industries. We are guided by our strong company culture, safety standards and activities in the communities in which we operate. We seek out employees who are inspired by our timeless values, thrive in growing company environment and want to become a part of a dynamic company backed by 85+ years of success. We have 23 locations across Louisiana and the Gulf South with Corporate HQ located in Reserve, LA and Power Systems HQ located in New Iberia, LA.