Kirby Smith Machinery is accepting applications for a Heavy Equipment Shop Service Technician/Mechanic (Kansas City, KS; St. Louis, MO; Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OK; Abilene, Amarillo, Dallas, Fort Worth, Lubbock, Odessa, and Waco, TX)
Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician/Mechanic Job Summary
This individual will operate a mobile service vehicle and travel to customer locations to perform in-field repairs on various brands of construction equipment. This will include diagnosing, parts ordering, technical report writing, maintaining care of company assets, and proper communication with others. This individual must be able to perform quality work as efficiently and profitably as possible. May require overtime, overnight stay, and occasional weekend work.
Who We Are
Kirby-Smith Machinery, Inc. is a leading distributor of heavy equipment and cranes in the central United States. We are at the forefront of today’s construction industry growth and have several exciting job opportunities for talented, energized professionals across the region who want to join our #WeAre1KirbySmith family!
What We Offer
Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician/Mechanic Benefits
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid time off and vacation
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Growth opportunities
- Paid Training
- Family owned and operated
- Health and wellness
- Above average industry pay
Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician/Mechanic Specific Benefits
- Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
- Uniforms and Safety Toed Boots provided
- Highly productive shop
- Career advancement opportunities, promote from within
- Continued education, manufacturer hands on and web-based training
- Clean and professional work environment
- Apprenticeship program
- Competitive wages
- Training Guild
Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician/Mechanic Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform field repairs and maintenance with little or no direct supervision
- Diagnose and evaluate problems with equipment; make repairs using established guidelines in accordance with established flat rates
- Plans methods and sequence of performing assigned repairs.
- Model safe work habits and always abide by all safety policies and procedures
- Keep rework within established guidelines
- Organize, clean, and maintain a safe work area
- Make overnight stays on or near job sites when required
- Complete required paperwork efficiently and timely
- Attend factory and other training as specified by supervisor
- Maintain service truck in good working condition and keep it clean
- Exhibit professional demeanor with customers, managers and colleagues
- Promote good will with customers and exhibit excellent customer relations behaviors
- Perform other assignments as requested by manager
Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician/Mechanic Qualifications
- HS Education or equivalent
- 2 years continuous experience in diagnosing and repairing construction equipment
- Ability to read complex hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Furnish and maintain set of hand tools and any special tools required by company
- Maintain valid driver’s license; CDL if required
- Technician Classification is based on experience, knowledge, and competence
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Kirby Smith Machinery here.