J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is accepting applications for Hydrographer (La Crosse, WI)
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and restoration and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work.
We are known for tackling complex projects, working hard, providing solutions and celebrating our success.
Are you a road warrior, who can apply your skills, knowledge, and passion as a hydrographer on our environmental team?
- We offer a generous, industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employee’s and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
- We also provide a Work-Life Balance Program, which provides a balanced schedule and additional premium while in the field.
What are your responsibilities as a critical player on our team?
- Perform field hydrographic surveys collecting bathymetric and other data
- Reporting of bathymetric conditions, quantities and other pertinent data to colleagues and supervisors for review and direction
- Survey bodies of water to determine navigable channels and to secure data for construction of breakwaters, piers, and other marine structures
- Coordinate findings with the work of engineering and technical personnel, clients, and others
- Determine position and elevation of important features and boundaries in survey areas using precision hydrographic systems, GPS technologies, total stations and levelling instruments
- Conduct research in surveying and mapping methods using knowledge of techniques of bathymetric and other data
We are looking for a self-motivated, team player who is detailed oriented and committed to continuous growth and learning.
- Perform the work professionally, honestly, with integrity and a commitment to safety and excellence
- Actively promote “The Brennan Way” in all interactions both internally and externally
- Don’t be satisfied with the status-quo, rather seek to improve, and innovate.
- Experience utilizing bathymetric survey tools including single-beam and multi-beam echo sounders
- 1 to 5 years of experience within the hydrographic industry preferred
Why choose us?
- You will get to work for a company voted by our employees as a Great Place to Work®, for the fourth year in a row.
- Our focus on safety and quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to exceed.
- They key to our success is our people! From personal development, to teamwork and collaboration, we strive to promote individual growth and advancement.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above average compensation.
If you want a career where you will work hard, have opportunities for advancement, and do things every day that others only dream about then we want you.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.