Marine Solutions is accepting applications for a Hydrographic Surveyor (Nicholasville, KY; Rosedale, MD; Newark, NJ)
SUMMARY: Marine Solutions is seeking a Hydrographic Surveyor to join our team to perform hydrographic surveys in a professional, timely and safe manner, that satisfies the Clients requirements. The Hydrographic Surveyor will be responsible for survey project planning, coordination, execution of field work, and production of project deliverables.
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Survey project schedules and forecasts.
- Planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Direct and perform single-beam, multibeam, and sonar imaging surveys.
- On-site safety, directing, and documenting safety meetings.
- Adhere to quality assurance procedures.
- Knowledge of surveying equipment and software.
- Complete project administrative tasks, forms, etc.
- Ensure survey equipment is in good working condition and properly report any deficiencies.
- Operate survey vessels and associated support equipment.
- Assist with development of survey procedures.
- Assist with preparation of project scopes and estimates.
- Plan and execute project quality control and assurance procedures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or certification & 4 years of experience.
- Technical knowledge, experience, and capabilities in the area of practice.
- Good leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good organizational skills.
- 10-Hour OSHA General Construction Course.
- 4-Year degree from an accredited college or university with a course in engineering or closely related field.
- AutoCAD or MicroStation proficiency.
- Certified Hydrographer.
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen as well as random drug screens throughout employment.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Marine Solutions is a specialized construction and engineering firm focused on building and maintaining waterfront, hydraulic, navigation, and bridge structures. Marine Solutions is a certified small, woman-owned, disadvantaged business enterprise (WBE/DBE) and are fully insured for general, marine and professional liability. Our headquarters are in Kentucky with offices in Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Ohio. We offer our services throughout the United States and our valued clients included federal, state and municipal agencies, architectural and engineering firms, construction companies, and industrial entities.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.