Hydrographic Surveyor (Nicholasville, KY; Rosedale, MD; and Newark, NJ)
Marine Solutions is seeking Hydrographic Surveyors to join our team to perform hydrographic surveys in a professional, timely and safe manner, that satisfies the Clients requirements. The Hydrographic Surveyor will be responsible for survey project planning, coordination, execution of field work, and production of project deliverables. Responsibilities will include:
- Survey project schedules and forecasts.
- Planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Direct and perform single-beam, multibeam, and sonar imaging surveys.
- On-site safety, directing, and documenting safety meetings.
- Adhere to quality assurance procedures.
- Knowledge of surveying equipment and software.
- Complete project administrative tasks, forms, etc.
- Ensure survey equipment is in good working condition and properly report any deficiencies.
- Operate survey vessels and associated support equipment.
- Assist with development of survey procedures.
- Assist with preparation of project scopes and estimates.
- Plan and execute project quality control and assurance procedures.
- High school diploma or certification.
- Technical knowledge, experience, and capabilities in the area of practice.
- Good leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good organizational skills.
- 10hr OSHA General Construction Course.
- 4-Year degree from an accredited college or university with a course in engineering or closely related field and at least 4 years work experience.
- AutoCAD or MicroStation proficiency.
- Certified Hydrographer.
Marine Solutions has become nationally recognized for its expertise in the field of waterfront engineering and is one of the largest capacity small business firms in the United States. Marine Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that exists to provide the best possible service to our clients. To do this, we work to attract the best and the brightest talent that adhere to our principals which include behaving with integrity, working as a team, being dependable, and going above and beyond in all that we do. In turn, we differentiate ourselves by being a responsive and trusted partner for our clients while providing employees with a family atmosphere full of growth opportunities. For the second year in a row we were designated as one of the top 100 Best Places to Work in Kentucky.
For more information and to apply for this position: