TPG Marine in Mt. Vernon, IN is looking for a full-time maintenance technician. The Maintenance Tech is responsible for: preventative and routine maintenance on vessels, moving equipment, and facility maintenance to ensure maximum equipment efficiency. You support the operations department by keeping vessels fully operational and inspection ready.
Must be able to travel if necessary. Possess valid driver’s license and able to obtain a TWIC card.
- Change fuel filters to on-site motor vessels and machinery
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions to appropriately perform maintenance duties
- Mechanically inclined, and able to complete tasks without supervision; • Able to complete boat inspections
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, troubleshooting machines
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Diesel experience is not required but preferred. Responsible for maintaining and servicing diesel engines;
- Required knowledge of electrical troubleshooting and maintenance; Must understand electrical wiring system; know how to read schematics and one-line diagrams
- Troubleshoot 120v/230v 3 phase electrical equipment.
All TPG Marine employees are: • Willing to learn from others • Able to read, understand and communicate in English • Able to use basic math • Willing to follow directions • Able to make appropriate decisions • Willing to adhere to rules and regulations • Dependable • Team players • Stable under pressure • Drug and alcohol-free
To apply, download the employment application, fill it out and return via fax, mail or in person. If you have a resume, please include with your completed application. You may also scan your completed documents and email to M.Hagan@MVBarge.com.