GHD is accepting applications for an Industrial Water Engineer (Fort Myers and Tampa, FL; Duluth and Savannah, GA; Charlotte, NC; Bowie, MD; Franklin, TN; Chantilly and Richmond, VA)
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD's Southeast Water Business is seeking a project level engineer experienced with industrial water and wastewater (IW) project delivery. As an Industrial Water Engineer, you will help to build our project delivery capability with our industrial client base. Project types range from permitting support, plant water balance, reuse studies treatment process conceptual designs, and bench/pilot testing for multiple IW uses (in plant high purity, plant recycle, direct and indirect wastewater discharge). The location could be in any one of our Southeast Regional Offices, as well the potential to work from home part-time.
Specific responsibilities in this role will include:
- Provide leadership and support to project teams for IW treatment facility studies and design and construction services
- Development of front-end design including water/wastewater characterization, alternatives evaluation, process definition, and conceptual design for IW water/wastewater treatment
- Technology confirmation testing including bench or pilot studies, either working independently or with GHD’s treatability laboratory
- Perform design calculations, capture and compile data, checks design calculations
- Develop facility layouts in conjunction with CAD designers
- Conduct client site visits for project scoping, data collection and project delivery
- Participate, represent and promote the organization at professional society meetings, conferences, and trade shows
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Chemical, Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or ability to acquire within 2 years
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years of experience with IW clients
- Maintains and develops expertise and stays abreast of developments in their technical field
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities to work both within a team and independently.
- Ability to obtain precise information from Clients by active listening and using clear communication techniques
- Willing and able to travel up to 30% of the time
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.
For more information and to apply click here.