Bowers & Company CPA’s is accepting applications for an Information Systems Specialist (Watertown, NY).
Our Firm is looking for an experienced Information Systems Specialist to service needs in our Watertown IT department. We offer tremendous growth and development opportunities, flexible work schedules and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
- Provide first-line response and prioritization for users requiring hardware, software, network, and phone assistance
- Maintain and support local and remote computers, tablets, smartphones, servers, network equipment, and software
- Monitor and Manage Help Desk
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades
- Interact with vendors and contractors
- Monitor and maintain network system alerts and escalate problems to the appropriate personnel
- Support and maintain user accounts through Active Directory including rights, permissions, groups, and policies
- Provide assistance with Windows servers and other network components
- Provide training documentation for hardware/software in use
- Create/Provide customized reports
- Software and Hardware testing and Deployment Assist in management of software licensing
- Assist in providing documentation, deployment, review and maintenance of information technology policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures
- Keep operations and client information confidential according to company protocol
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Self-motivated, excellent work ethic, ability to address issues on the phone, remotely and in person, excellent customer service focus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows OS and Office applications required
- Working knowledge/experience with scanning, printing devices, smartphones, tablets, imaging, diagnostics, remote control tools, Citrix, VMware, databases and scripting a plus
- Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
- 2+ years' experience with networks, servers, desktop systems and communications devices
- Certifications desirable
- Must have a solid knowledge of Networking and Windows Servers
- Knowledge of VMware, Citrix, and Programming skills a plus
- Must have good communication skills
- Some travel and work on evenings\weekends
Bowers & Company CPAs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bowers & Company CPAs, PLLC is a firm of certified public accountants offering a wide range of services in the areas of accounting, auditing, taxation, and consulting. The Firm was originally established in 1977 as a result of a desire to offer the same high-quality services of the national firms, but with a personalized approach more appropriate to small and medium-sized companies. Since its formation, Bowers has experienced strong, steady growth to its present size of 19 partners and a staff of over 80 professionals, representing clients with operations in over thirty-five states and numerous international locations.
The Firm's structure is organized by specialties with separate audit and accounting, tax, and business consulting departments. We have a diverse client base and have specific industry knowledge in Not-for-Profit, Government, Manufacturing, Transportation, Convenience Stores, Real Estate, and Construction.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.