Inland Port and Terminal Grant Program
Inland Rivers, Ports & Terminals, Inc. has recently proposed an inland port and terminal grant program to provide assistance for landside infrastructure investments. Highlights of the program include:
• For public ports and private terminals;
• For inland and smaller coastal facilities less than 8 million tons;
• For landside infrastructure investments, including river, road and rail projects;
• 50/50 cost share.
Why: Inland facilities cannot compete for funding in INFRA, BUILD, TIGER, etc. because the project minimum is far too high. Infrastructure projects sought by inland facilities are far less costly than the minimum required for those programs.
• the economic advantage and the contribution to freight transportation of inland waterway ports and terminals and smaller coastal ports and terminals;
• the competitive disadvantage of inland waterway ports and terminals and smaller coastal ports and terminals; to contend for federal funding assistance;
• the higher truck weight allowances, wider axles and more that contribute to roadway improvement needs.
Here's the thing: We just don’t need much and with a 50/50 cost share, we can increase the infrastructure investments for less federal dollars.
Please access a One Pager of the Bill here and supplemental information here.
IRPT Members around the nation have submitted letters of support to their congressional leaders in their districts and states. 204 Letters of Support have been submitted to House and Senate Leaders around the nation, including letters from:
Red River Waterway Commission
Arkansas Waterways Commission
Muskogee City-County Port Authority
Bluff City Materials dba Reliable Asphalt
Alter Logistics Company
America's Central Port, IL
Kaskaskia Regional Port District
Pemiscot County Port
Superior Marine Ways
Cincinnati Barge & Rail Terminal, OH
Paducah McCracken Co. Riverport Auth.
River Trading Company
F& M Mafco
Ports of Indiana, IN
Lewis County IDA
Missouri Port Authority Association
Gateway Dredging and Contracting
Semo Port (Southeast Missouri)
AGRIServices of Brunswick
Yellow Bend Port Authority
New Bourban Regional Port
Natchez Adams County Port
Port of Morgan City
Three Rivers Marine & Rail Terminals
Claiborne County Port
Central Louisiana Regional Port
Madison Parish Port
Lake Providence Port
Little Rock Port Authority
North America Stevedore
Caddo Bossier Port
Illinois International Port District
New Madrid Port Authority
Rosedale Bolivar Port
Natchitoches Parish Port
IRPT’s Board of Directors are hitting the Hill the week of November 12th in Washington. We are meeting with 47 Congressional offices in both the Senate and House and on both sides of the aisle.
IRPT would greatly appreciate your support for this bill.