Burns & McDonnell is accepting applications for an Interior Designer/Space Planner-Mission Critical (Columbus OH; Dallas, TX).
The Interior Designer/Space Planner will prepare designs, edit specifications, and conceptual estimates for interior work, repair, and/or renovation of commercial, data centers and healthcare related facilities. This position creates, designs and implements interior design and space planning strategies and initiatives to ensure fluidity through the completion of the project.
- Prepares designs, quantity calculations, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings for interiors of commercial, data centers, and healthcare related facilities.
- Responsible for fathering, organizing and compiling data, developing initial design concepts and plans. Assist with preparation of internal and external design plans, presentations and renderings.
- Responsible for furniture purchasing and reconfiguration.
- Researches interior design products and make recommendations.
- Researches, develops, and selects color, finish, and materials.
- Responsible for recommending new ideas, means and methods.
- Leads construction administration activities through site visits and review of schedules.
- Responsible for maintaining conformance with building standards, established architectural practices, and applicable building codes.
- The position is client facing - will need to coordinate with client on a regular basis, present designs and options and update design per feedback.
- The team member will need to coordiante with architect and the other trades on a regular basis.
- All other duties assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or similar field is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience Interior Design or similar field of study.
- A National Council for Interior Design Qualifications (NCIDQ Certification) is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert in AutoCAD & Microstation.
- Demonstrated knowledge with BIM-Revit, Sketchup, and Photoshop.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Interior Design specifications, calculations, industry standards as well as visual, written and oral skills.
- Expert in the use of computers for making architectural drawings, calculations and 3-D visual simulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of architectural principles and theory associated with project design and construction document production.
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Burns & McDonnell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Burns & McDonnell is a family of companies with an unmatched team of 7,600 engineers, construction professionals, architects, technologists and scientists. Their singular mission since 1898 has been to make their clients successful. When they plan, design, permit, construct and manage projects worldwide, they do it like they own it.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.