Intermediate Level Civil/Structural Engineer (New Orleans, LA; Beaumont, TX; Houston, TX; and Corpus Christi, TX)
Lanier & Associates is accepting applications for an Intermediate Level Civil/Structural Engineer in New Orleans, LA; and Beaumont, Houston, or Corpus Christi, TX.
Lanier has a position available for an intermediate level Civil/Structural Engineer to support our clients with engineering and design of Marine Terminal Projects. This position may be located at any one of Lanier’s offices. We have locations in New Orleans, LA; Beaumont, TX; Houston, TX and Corpus Christi, TX.
Lanier has provided marine terminal engineering services to ports and private industry since 1974. We are a multi-disciplined engineering firm that specializes in industrial marine and port projects with civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation engineers on staff. In addition to our complete array of engineering services, we also perform topographic and hydrographic surveying, construction management, permit acquisition and facility inspections services.
Our team provides a wide range of civil and structural engineering services for all types of marine terminals. Our engineers routinely work on project that involve the design of ship docks and barge docks along the gulf coast industrial waterways. Our projects involve the marine transfer of all types of cargo including break bulk, liquid bulk, dry bulk and containerized cargo.
At Lanier, We Understand the Value of Our Staff
It has been Lanier’s mission to assemble, retain, and fully support a group of very dedicated professionals to provide high quality technical services related to marine, port and terminal engineering. This commitment to our staff is reflected in the fact we have been able to retain our full staff through the recent pandemic and the resulting economic downturn. We begin 2022 with our complete and fully capable staff ready to execute your project. Lanier’s commitment to our staff is also reflected in our ability to retain the most talented people. 50% of our employees have been with Lanier for an average of 17 years. Our ability to find and retain talented staff provides consistency and familiarity amongst our team, resulting in higher quality services and a better product for our clients.
The responsibilities of this role include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Perform engineering analyses and design
- Provides mentorship/guidance to entry level engineers
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budgets and schedule
- Provide engineering support for multi-discipline design projects from work scope development until the completion of construction
- Evaluate and apply applicable building code requirements and design codes (e.g. IBC, ASCE, ACI, AISC)
- Travel to project site and meetings as needed.
- Use of computer software as a tool for solving structural engineering problems including building 3D structural models
- Assist with productions of drawing and documents
- Develop technical specifications, plans, and details
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited university
- 4+ years of relevant industrial experience
- EIT certification
- Demonstrated experience of structural steel and reinforced concrete design
- Knowledgeable in design/building codes such as the AISC Manual of Steel Construction, ACI 318, International Building Code, and ASCE 7.
- Knowledge and experience with computer productivity software such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proficient in structural analysis software such as STAAD Pro
- Experience with civil drainage and sitework design
- Knowledge and skill with AutoCAD 3D software
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Lanier & Associates here.