LJA Engineering is accepting applications for an Intern in their Water Resources Department in Houston, TX. LJA recognizes that our success depends on the quality of the people we hire. We are currently seeking highly talented individuals that take pride in their work, function exceptionally well in team environments, and contribute to the overall success of the company. As a 100% employee-owned company, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit that helps drive the bottom line and the long-term professional and financial success of our employees. With more than 50 office locations, LJA is growing and ready for talented people to help us build our future.
The prospective Intern will gain knowledge and understanding of public works projects with responsibility of performing multiple tasks which will provide familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of LJA. Such tasks included but are not limited to; design calculations, preparation of CAD exhibits/plans, and support engineers with report preparation.
- Perform engineering assignments with direction from experienced engineers
- Spend time shadowing actual operations
- Use CAD design tools i.e. AutoCad Civil 3D or Microstation Geopak for design of project elements
- Practice with Hydrologic and hydraulic software modeling for determining drainage issues and potential solutions
- Will have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as experience the day-to-day workings of engineering
- Candidates must have completed at least one year of college. Candidates majoring in civil engineering and related business majors is highly preferred.
- Requires highly motivated students with a strong academic performance
- Have sincere desire to gain experience in and knowledge of the company and industry
- Candidates should possess good organizational and communication (oral and written) skills
- Good attention to detail with ability to identify discrepancies
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel
- Previous internship preferred
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about LJA Engineering here.