International Ag Shipping Terminal in Burns Harbor
RFQ Response Deadline: April 21, 2023
Ports of Indiana has issued a Request for Qualifications to identify and qualify potential operators of the International Ag Shipping Terminal at Ports of Indiana-Burns Harbor with operations expected to start by Jan. 1, 2024. A formal Request for Proposals will be sent to qualified potential operators that submit a Letter of Interest and meet the necessary criteria outlined below.
Ports of Indiana is looking for a long-term business partner to operate a 7-million-bushel international shipping terminal on Lake Michigan. The facility is capable of transloading cargoes for multimodal operations involving ocean ships, laker vessels, river barges, unit trains and truck transport. The bulk stevedoring and distribution operator would be expected to provide services for existing customers, grow business, diversify cargoes, and partner with the Port to make investments into facility expansions and drive projects that create significant economic benefits for the regional economy.
RFQ responses should include the following:
- Letter of Interest: A statement of the company’s specific interests in this facility.
- Background Information: Descriptions of the company and key personnel.
- Financial Resources: Explanation of company’s financial standing and ability to support future investments and long-term terminal operations.
- Marketing Materials: Relevant materials such as brochures, websites, photos and maps of existing facilities, etc.
- Strategies/Track Records: Descriptions of the company’s strategic approach and track records for key business areas, including:
- Business Development
- Environmental programs
RFQ Response Deadline: April 21, 2023. Letters of Interest and related materials should be emailed to AgTerminal@portsofindiana.com