The Inland Marine Port Manager and Executive (IMPM-IMPE) seminar is the premier professional development program for brown water port executives. The IMPM-IMPE program is the first of its kind program specifically designed around the needs and demands of river ports. The IMPE is based on the Maritime Port Management and Executive program which is tailored toward coastal ports. The IMPE program has been developed in conjunction with Inland Rivers, Ports, and Terminals (IRPT) and their Education Committee.
The program is based on the Maritime Port Executive program, which has been used to train over 1,100 professionals working with ocean ports. The Inland Marine Port Executive program, developed in cooperation with IRPT’s Education Committee, is the first program of its kind that has been specifically designed with the needs of inland port professionals in mind.
Other class offerings include:
- June 11-13 in Little Rock, Arkansas
- September 9-13 in St. Louis, Missouri
Led by the International Association of Marine Port Executives (IAMPE), the class is an intensive, five-day seminar that covers all aspects of port management in detail. Graduates of the program will be equipped with a deep macro-level understanding of how the port industry fits in the global transportation system as well as comprehensive knowledge of all the day-to-day functions required for a successful port.
The Inland Port Manager covers:
1. International Transportation System, Modes and Logistics
2. Worldwide Port Industry and Maritime Industry Trends
a. The Inland River System
4. Public Port Governance Structures and Management
5. Port and Terminal Administration and Finance
6. Intermodal Marine and Cargo Facilities
7. Port and Intermodal Terminal Operations
8. International and National Regulatory Requirements
9. Port & Terminal Safety, Security and Emergency Planning
The IPM is a 2-day course offered at $1,000 and is a prerequisite for the Inland Marine Port Executive training, but can be taken concurrently.
The Inland Marine Port Executive covers:
11. Port Infrastructure-Waterways, Road and Rail Access
12. Port and Terminal Property Management and Risk Factors
14. Cargo Processes and Management, Chartering and Carriage
15. Cost and Pricing of Transportation, Application of the O/D Analysis
16. Port and Terminal Business Development and Planning
18. Marine Terminal and Port Tariffs, Regulations and Operating Plans
19. Public Relations, Information Systems and Media Planning
20. Strategic, Master Transportation and Cargo Planning Processes
The IMPE is a 2 1/2-day course offered at $1,000.
If you would like to register now, please contact Aimee Andres at email@example.com or Michelle Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.