Garver is accepting applications for an ITS Engineer - Transportation (North Little Rock, AR; Overland Park, KS; Ridgeland, MS; St. Louis, MO; Austin, Dallas, Frisco and Houston, TX )
Our Transportation Planning and Traffic Team is a growing and collaborative group offering our regional clients full-service transportation planning and traffic design capabilities. This position will have the opportunity to make a daily impact on Garver’s projects by being involved in a variety of project-types with diverse clients and working collaboratively with internal project teams, to expand our transportation planning and traffic services and our ITS engineering through high-quality work.
Applicants must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a commitment to becoming a key member of this highly productive design team. This position will be supervised by a Senior Project Manager and offers outstanding growth opportunity and career advancement to the right individual.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Managing the design and implementation of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) and systems engineering projects for the transportation industries including freeway management systems, video surveillance systems, vehicle detection systems, motorist information systems, control center design and integration, and communications systems
- Coordinating and performing ITS field reviews, data collection, and analysis
- Reviewing construction plans, specifications, shop drawings, and other technical documentation developed by others and providing comments regarding conformance to design standards, codes, and specifications.
- Developing Systems Engineering Analysis (SEA) on Federally funded projects
- Supporting ITS business development and direct client marketing with new and existing clients within our service area
- Coordinating with technology staff in developing emerging mobility technology solutions - TSM&O, Connected Automated Vehicle technology, Adaptive Signal Control Technology, and Real-time Travel Time Systems
- Assisting with project management to identify project scopes, fees, and monitoring project progress
- Maintaining a client-focused, service attitude by tracking budgets, and keeping projects on schedule
- Preparing project proposals and giving interviews for project pursuits
- Bachelor’s degree in an ABET accredited Civil or Electrical Engineering program.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
- DOT and municipal ITS engineering experience.
- ITS Master Plans & TSMO Plan experience preferred.
- Communications engineering experience (fiber optic/radio).
- Working knowledge of Microstation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Preferred minimum of 8 years of experience in ITS engineering, traffic systems engineering, and systems integration
- Established ability to design and manage ITS projects
- Master’s degree in civil/transportation engineering
- Workzone information systems experience preferred
- Experience supervising and managing team members as well as mentoring less experienced staff
- Knowledge and experience of developing a new business and relationships is a plus
- Experience with SET-IT and RAD-IT
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees programs such as company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and accomplish projects. By offering highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, a comprehensive wellness program and Corporate Wellness Coordinator Garver walks the talk when it comes to work-life balance.
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.