Kansas City - River Operations Update - 27 June 2022
- Missouri Reservoirs – July 1 system check - Gavins Point Dam releases will be set to provide navigation flow support at a level 500 cfs above minimum-service at all four target locations (Sioux City, Omaha, Nebraska City, and Kansas City). Flow targets may be missed to conserve water if there is no commercial navigation in a given reach. The navigation flow support season will be 3 days less than the normal 8-month season.
- MO 340 race – This week is the annual race from KC to St. Louis. Started this morning. Stay safe and watch for those racers.
- Survey – Last week supported the work at RM 366 and shoaling issue at RM 58. This week team is working on laying out work for contractors, will review RM58 conditions and complete support for RM 366 obstruction removal. Finalizing adding another survey team for the summer from Memphis District. Goal is to have that completed in next two weeks.
- Channel Inspector – No new information.
- Maintenance – Most crews are reducing work days to account for racers.
- Newt Marine
- RM 20 – 40. Continues work in area.
- Loading out of Jefferson City and work RM120 – 140 reach.
- RM 366 Obstruction removal – finalizing surveys and correcting any remaining high areas.
- ACG – Structures are complete, clean up work on site access and surround work areas underway.
- Midwest – Placing rock on lower Tadpole Chute Flow control structure. Bank paving also continues downstream of structure.
- WA Ellis – Underway loading rock in Kansas City Area and working structures in 320-340 reach.
- NWK Floating Plant – Loading out of Lexington, MO and working near RM 280 Cranberry Bend. It is anticipated they will be working this location for about 6 weeks.
- Newt Marine
- Bridge work
- Rocheport (I-70) Bridge – RM 185 – No navigation impacts scheduled this week.
- Buck O’Neil (Broadway) Bridge – RM 366 – No Change
Next update Monday 18 July.
816-240-8131 Office Main Line