Kansas City River Operations Update:
- River forecast – No significant rain is this week’s forecast based on NOAA QPF (Quantitative Precipitation Forecast). Dry conditions dominate and impact to river levels. Approximate flows downstream of KC are;
- KC – 37 kcfs
- Waverly – 38 kcfs
- Glasgow – 38 kcfs
- Boonville – 38 kcfs
- Hermann – 41 kcfs
- System Storage Check – 1 Sept – Winter flows will be similar to last year, Minimum flow, 12,000.
- Links to surveys are now being sent with boat report, instead of actual survey files. This change is due to feed back that the number of surveys on boat reports were difficult to load and hard to track. All surveys can be found at https://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/Missions/Civil-Works/Navigation/Surveys/ .
- Kansas City has added a survey crew to the team. This crew is from Rock Island District and has work on river in past.
- Survey crews are working lower end of river, concentrating on identified shoaling areas reported, RM 160, 48, 41, with additional location being worked on low end based on recent areas reported by navigators and channel inspector.
- Adjustments to data on surveys is also being made. Selected GPS points are being added based on survey information, and a new color scale for depths is being prepared and should be available this week.
- Channel Inspector – Assisting surveys crews on reviewing list or areas received from navigators to verify priorities.
- Newt Marine
I. RM 40-60 work continues in area, currently at RM 48.
II. RM200 - 220 work continues in area, currently at RM 219.
I. Tadpole Chute Flow work nearing completion, expect work to be completed by mid Sep.
II. Awarded new contract from RM 140-260
- WA Ellis – Is apparent low bidder for standard repairs contract covering RM 360-498.
- NWK Floating Plant – Working structures at RM 108.
- New Contracts
- RM 0-140 – Out of bid – Offers Due 22 Sept 2022
- RM 260-360 – Offers Due 18 Oct 2022
- Bridge work
- Rocheport (I-70) Bridge – RM 185 – No Change.
- Buck O’Neil (Broadway) Bridge – RM 366 – No Change
Next update Monday 19 Sept.
816-240-8131 Main Office line