Kansas City-River Operations Update Sep 26 2022
- River forecast – Little rain is forecasted this week, based on NOAA QPF (Quantitative Precipitation Forecast). Dry conditions dominate and impact to river levels. Approximate flows downstream of KC are;
- KC – 38 kcfs
- Waverly – 39 kcfs
- Glasgow – 39 kcfs
- Boonville – 39 kcfs
- Hermann – 41 kcfs
- Survey team is going to concentrate of areas in lower river, from 114 to 41. Crew will work to adjust schedule to provide most current data before tows arrive at areas with past issues.
- Links to surveys are now being sent with boat report, instead of actual survey files. This change is due to feed back that the number of surveys on boat reports were difficult to load and hard to track. All surveys can be found at https://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/Missions/Civil-Works/Navigation/Surveys/ .
- Adjustments to data on surveys is also being made. Selected GPS points are being added based on survey information, and a new color scale for depths is being prepared and should be available this week.
- Channel Inspector
- Assisting surveys crews on reviewing list or areas received from navigators to verify priorities. Like surveyors concentrating on lower river.
- Started a text group of boats working navigating river. The purpose is to have boats text the group the lines they used to transit areas. The Corps will also us data to help place GPS points on surveys, and better define range of area to be surveyed.
- Newt Marine
- RM 40-60 work continues in area, currently at RM 48 and transitioning to RM 61.
- RM200 - 220 work continues in area, currently at RM 229.
- Midwest - Awarded new contract from RM 140-260. Notice to Proceed expected with week with work anticipated to start by end of Sept.
- WA Ellis – Is apparent low bidder for standard repairs contract covering RM 360-498.
- NWK Floating Plant – Working structures at RM 108.
- New Contracts
- RM 0-140 – Offers received and being evaluated.
- RM 260-360 – Offers Due 18 Oct 2022
- Bridge work
- Rocheport (I-70) Bridge – RM 185 – No Change.
- Buck O’Neil (Broadway) Bridge – RM 366 – No Change
- Kansas City Operations Project Manager (OPM)
- Mr. Mitch Roberts is the new OPM for the Missouri River Project. He can be reached at Mitchell.W.Roberts@usace.army.mil and 816-389-3100.
- I will still be working with the Missouri River Restoration Team, just moving my focus to the new construction projects. Mitch and I will work transition to make transition as smooth as possible.
Next update Monday 3 Oct.
816-240-8131 Main Office line