- Bridge work RM 395.4 - Harry S Truman Railroad Bridge – Starting 15 Aug through 19 Aug bridge maintenance will be underway. The maintenance will close the river channel from 0500 to 1000 each day.
- Missouri Reservoirs – July 1 system check - Gavins Point Dam releases will be set to provide navigation flow support at a level 500 cfs above minimum-service at all four target locations (Sioux City, Omaha, Nebraska City, and Kansas City). Flow targets may be missed to conserve water if there is no commercial navigation in a given reach. The navigation flow support season will be 3 days less than the normal 8-month season.
- River forecast – Forecast for next several days is dry. Most locations are steady or slowly falling. Approximate flows downstream of KC are;
- KC – 36 kcfs
- Waverly – 37.5 kcfs
- Glasgow – 37.5 kcfs
- Boonville – 43 kcfs
- Hermann – 50 kcfs
- Survey – Survey crews are working lower end of river, concentrating on identified shoaling areas reported.
- Channel Inspector – Is out reviewing conditions this week working downstream from Rulo. Any findings will be placed on boat report as they are received.
- Maintenance – Most crews are reducing work days to account for racers.
- Newt Marine
- RM 40-60 work continues in area.
- Loading out of Jefferson City and work RM120 – 140 reach.
iii. RM 366 Obstruction removal – Removal work is complete. Contractor finishing clean up and placement or disposal of removed material.
- Midwest – Placing rock on lower Tadpole Chute Flow control structure. Bank paving also continues downstream of structure. Work is nearing completion
- WA Ellis – Underway loading rock upstream of Kansas City Area and working structures in 380-400 reach.
- NWK Floating Plant – Is moving downstream toward Jeff City, doing select maintenance, and preparing for next weeks partners event that will go from Boonville to RM 179.5
- New Contracts
- Cora Island – bids have been received, contracting is reviewing required documents and preparing to issue Notice to Proceed.
- RM 140 – 160 - bids have been received, contracting is reviewing required documents and preparing to issue Notice to Proceed.
- Contracts for three more river reaches are schedule to be advertised in Aug.
- RM 360-498
- RM 0-140
iii. RM 160-260
- Bridge work
- Rocheport (I-70) Bridge – RM 185 – No Change.
- Buck O’Neil (Broadway) Bridge – RM 366 – No Change
Next update Monday 15 August.