American Commercial Barge Line (ACBL) is accepting applications for a Laborer (Cairo, IL).
Assists in cleaning cargo hopper and outside of barges to make them suitable for loading customers cargo. Uses brooms, shovels and high pressure water to perform this job task.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Operates front-end loaders, tractors and forklifts
- Pump water from void compartments and hoppers of company owner and operated equipment
- Assists with shingling of barges and other types of temporary repairs to ensure watertight integrity of floating equipment
- Performs routine inspections and maintenance of equipment used in their work area
- Performs barge cleaning suitability inspections prior to barge being released from preparation area
- Assists in set up of barge mooring arrangements
- Performs janitorial duties on dock facility as needed. Occasionally assists with the cleaning of harbor vessels
Skills & Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work injury free and contribute to an injury free environment
- Must understand and be able to demonstrate the ability to signal crane operator in the lifting and moving of loads
- Must successfully complete Powered Industrial Operators class prior to operating any front-end loaders, tractors or forklifts.
- Must successfully complete Rigger Training before being allowed to rig load for crane to lift and move.
- Must be able to understand written and verbal instructions.
American Commercial Barge Line is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
As a leader in inland barge transportation, ACBL moves the grain, dry bulk and liquid commodities relied upon by consumers, businesses and industries every day. ACBL provides a wide array of barging solutions to meet your transportation needs and the flexibility required to support your business. With one of the nation’s largest and newest inland river barge fleets, ACBL operates the safest, most reliable and efficient equipment for transporting cargoes along 7,200 miles of U.S. inland waterways. With a fully integrated network, we provide transloading, warehousing, storage and fleeting services to support barge transportation throughout the Mississippi River System and its tributaries.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.