America's Central Port is accepting applications for a Laborer I (Granite City, IL)
Full Job Description
America's Central Port is seeking a Full-time "Laborer I" to join our maintenance department. This is an entry level position with excellent benefits and opportunities for growth.
Primary duties include daily lawn mowing, weed eating, weed pulling, raking, gutter cleaning, limb and trash pickup, snow removal and support for building janitorial and maintenance activities. Additional duties include:
- Uses power equipment and hand tools, and occasionally uses cleaning equipment;
- Uses and applies chemicals when properly trained;
- Supports other staff on landscaping activities, demolition projects, and site cleanup;
- Maintains assigned equipment for cleanliness and requests repairs as needed;
- Reports need for repairs to buildings and fixtures as noticed; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The position interacts with co-workers and numerous tenants on a routine basis and must be personable and professional. Must read, write, speak, and comprehend the English language.
This is a physically demanding position with extended periods of walking, standing, bending, twisting, and stooping. Will be required to climb stairs to work on second or third floors. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. to chest high and carry a distance of 300 feet. Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather and temperature conditions.
America's Central Port is a public port authority and landlord with a 1,200-acre property on the site of the former Granite City Army Depot, just across the McKinley Bridge from St. Louis, MO. The Port leases over 2 million sq. ft. of warehouse space and approximately 150 apartments. Our staff includes on-site security, maintenance, and office personnel whose contributions make the Port a good place to live and work for our tenants.
America's Central Port is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.91 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Landscape maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about America's Central Port here.