Watco is accepting applications for a Laborer (Osceola, AR and Houston, TX)
The Laborer position is an entry level role. As a Laborer you will be joining a well-established Team at a growing company where you will offload High Calcium Lime from barges to railcars for our customer. There are four main duties as a laborer; High-Cal Lime Railcar Loading, Dolomitic Lime Loading, Deck Hand and Skid Steer Operator. Additional duties will be assigned.
- Read and understand all standard operating procedures as well as safety requirements for the role
- When assigned to the Railcar High Cal Lime task, Laborer will use attention to detail to check and open railcars, check and start the conveyor, transfer High Calcium Lime from silo to railcar via conveyor and when complete, move railcar indexer and repeat process until all railcars are full.
- When assigned to the Dolomitic Lime task, Laborer will spot railcar, move the RBT conveyor under, use two 50 pound vibrator(s) and a Hydraulic door opener, use fall protection to climb 25 feet on top of RBT catwalk, open dome lids and drop the spout from RBT to dome, transfer dolomitic until full and repeat for all railcars.
- When assigned to the Deck Hand task, Laborer will enter tug boat engine room and check oil, engines, and gear reducers, start the engines prior to the boat pilot’s arrival. Upon arrival remove face wires from dock and place on boat, climb ladders on the barge to open lids on barge by attaching cable from boat to lids, move lines and wires around to assist boat pilot in moving tug boat.
- When assigned to the Skid Steer Operator role, Laborer will enter barge and use crane to lower skid steer into barge, unhook skid steer from crane. Operate skid steer to push product to the unloader.
- Laborer will be required to perform occasional maintenanceinvolving climbing 100 feet in the air
- Complete all applicable documentation, recordkeeping and daily inventory.
- Participate in safetybriefings, job briefings, and any other pass on information from team members, management or customer.
- Other dutiesas assigned
Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction and follow work rules, as well as, take on additional job responsibilities as needed or assigned
- Must maintain regular, dependable attendance and a high level of performance
- Ability to work outside majority of the time and withstand extreme weather conditions
- Flexibility required; ability to work days, nights, weekends when necessary
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Working knowledge of Watco Safety and Operating principles
- Follow written and verbal directions to complete assigned tasks on schedule.
- Read, write, and communicate in English & understand basic math.
- Learn from directions, observations, and mistakes and apply procedures using good judgment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
Machine, Tools, Special Equipment, and Personal Protective Equipment Used:
- Required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment including, but not limited to uniform, steel toed boots, eye protection, hard hat, gloves, life vest, radio, etc.
- Operate a skid steer, track mobile, lawn tractor, crane, RBT unloader, impact guns, air tools, man lift, telehandler, truck, wire cutters, power tools and hand tools.
Watco offers industry leading benefits, competitive pay, vacation, and 401k. They also have a top-of-the-line training program, Watco University, to educate team members and help them to grow employees’ careers to the next level.
Watco Companies, LLC, is a leading transportation and supply chain logistics company. Meeting customer needs on a day-to-day basis has enabled Watco to continually grow throughout their nearly 40-year history. Today, Watco provides transportation; material handling and warehouse; design and development; repair and custom projects for customers throughout North America and Australia.