Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corporation is accepting applications for a Laborer (Yard) (Cape Girardeau, MO)
The Yard Crane Operator is responsible for working with other team members to ensure tasks are performed in a safe efficient manner with required pre-task planning (Job Safety Analysis). These tasks include unloading and loading yard and vessel supplies from trucks and vessels. The successful candidate will report to the Yard manager. The position requires flexibility to work an 8-10 hour per day shifts including weekends if required
About the Company!
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corporation is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the US, Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers; state, local, and foreign governments; and private companies both international and domestic. Headquartered in Houston, TX GLDD has more than 200 pieces of dredging plant located strategically throughout North America and in various locations throughout the world.
We are currently seeking a Yard Crane Operator for our Norfolk or Chesapeake, VA yard facilities in support of Great Lakes domestic and international operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Performs maintenance and work assignments provided by the Yard Manager
- Assist vessel crews, and contract workers with tasks within the yard and dock
- Detects and reports faulty operation of equipment and defective materials and notifies their supervisor
- Preform inventory counts on stocked items as required
- Operate various forklifts throughout the yard once qualified
- Drive a company vehicle to pick up & deliver supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree.
- Valid State driver’s license
- Must have the ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Must be able lift and carry 31-50 lbs.
- Must hold or be able to acquire a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card)
- Prior Warehousing experience is preferred
- Prior crane rigging experience is preferred
- Prior forklift/heavy equipment operation experience/certification preferred
- Prior welding experience a plus
- GLDD requires that all new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Work Environment is mainly outside with exposure to heat, cold, and rain
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.