Crawford, Murphy & Tilly, Inc. is accepting applications for a Land Surveyor Intern (Springfield, IL)
ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER!! CMT, a civil engineering design firm, is actively seeking to add talented land surveying interns to our team to support our clients and have a hand in transforming the communities we serve. If you are ready to start your career with a multi-faceted, growing firm and wish to become a major contributor on infrastructure projects, consider the many benefits of joining Team CMT! Our trajectory of growth in these locations are exciting and we want great people interested in making a difference, and to assist with finding long-term solutions for the communities in which we live and work.
As a Land Surveying Intern, the successful candidate will work closely with co-workers to perform ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, Plats of Highways and other surveying duties while maintaining and adhering to industry standards as well as internal QA/QC procedures. In addition, duties will include working closely with project managers to ensure survey projects are completed to project requirements and specifications as identified in work orders and construction plans. CMT also provides construction layout services. Intern position may lead into a full-time position and qualified applicants may also be considered for full-time. Position requires travel to job sites and overnight travel on occasion.
- Pursuing or completed Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related degree
- Pursuing or completed Land Surveying Coursework
- Must be willing to travel daily or re-locate to live in this location
- Strong written and oral communication skills, plus math and computer skills
- For specific clients, candidates must be able to pass a drug and alcohol screening
- Ability to travel and/or work in other CMT office locations
- Willingness to work outdoors.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Strong interest to become Professional Land Surveyor registered in Illinois
- Previous internship or co-op experience or prior work experiences
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Bentley MicroStation, and OpenRoads
- Geospatial interest including drone mapping/licensure, terrestrial scanning, and GIS experience
- Experience with discipline-specific Trimble equipment
CMT is committed to individual opportunity and the professional development of our employees. This position offers an opportunity to take that next step helping reach your career goals and personal potential.
CMT is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. CMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. CMT does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law. Please note that CMT does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.