Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering & Testing is accepting applications for a Land Surveyor in Paducah, KY. Bacon Famer Workman Engineering & Testing, Inc. is seeking a full-time Land Surveyor to work from its Paducah, Kentucky office.
The Bacon Farmer Workman and Marcum Engineering family of companies are committed to providing multi-disciplined, full-service engineering excellence through planning, design, and construction for Civil, Structural, Transportation, Mechanical and Electrical projects of diverse complexities. With 120+ employees in nine office locations, we are committed to offering excellence and exceptional service on every project.
Bacon Farmer Workman and Marcum Engineering are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our employees are uniquely talented and strive to be the best in their field. By nurturing the curiosity and talent of our employees, we provide them with the tools for success both personally and professionally, enabling each individual to determine the trajectory of their career.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform boundary surveys, topographic surveys, subdivisions, elevation certificates, read legal descriptions, ALTA/NSPS land title surveys, set aerial control, and perform construction staking
- Perform research at courthouse, PVA office, City Hall, utility municipalities, etc. relevant to various survey projects
- Serve as the administrator and communication link between the firm and client, consultants, and public authorities
- Direct land survey projects by organizing the work on the land survey project and determining appropriate procedures needed to accomplish the project.
- Willingness to work in the field under numerous weather conditions and terrain
- Professional Licensure Survey or Land Surveyor in Training preferred but not required
- 5+ years of land surveyor experience preferred
- Proficient with technology such as Robotic Total Station, GPS, and LiDAR with the willingness and ability to learn and train others
- Familiarity with Survey Pro, Carlson, or Trimble Access
- High-level organizational and management skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Willingness to accept occasional out-of-town travel assignments and able to work overtime to meet project demands and deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office Programs (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Ability to multitask and be able to prioritize multiple assignments
- Ability to be self-motivated, friendly, and positive in the work environment
- Ability to work professionally with individuals, diverse groups, and the public
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Coverage (employee coverage employer paid)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance of $50,000
- Paid Medical Leave
- Employer-Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Company Match 401k program
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Remote WorkPossible
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Eight paid holidays
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering & Testing here.