Krech Ojard & Associates, a multi-discipline engineering firm doing work internationally, has an immediate opening for a Lead Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager in their Minneapolis, Minnesota office.
- Under general direction of the Vice President, Lead Engineers at their firm are responsible for the management of assigned staff and associated projects. Lead Engineers work closely with other department, group, and market managers to ensure the delivery of quality engineering solutions to our clients based in Minnesota and around the globe.
- In addition to providing oversight to engineers and engineering technicians, a Lead Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for design, project delivery and/or the allocation of resources and acquisition of external resources to ensure the timely completion of project deliverables.
- Krech Ojard offers an attractive benefit package and competitive wage based upon experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- In addition to providing oversight to engineers and engineering technicians, a Lead Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for design, project delivery and/or the allocation of resources and acquisition of external resources to ensure the timely completion of project deliverables. The following list highlights the primary job functions associated with the mechanical engineering discipline at our firm but should not be considered an all-inclusive job description.
- Manages and coordinates the planning, development, design, and/or preparation of studies, reports, plans, specifications, cost estimates and other related documentation for bulk material handling, mechanical engineering or related projects.
- Manages the development of proposals, preliminary designs, released for construction design packages, and all required calculations for mechanical designs that include material handling, mining, heavy and light industrial projects.
- Manages the monitoring and inspection of construction of mechanical engineering projects.
- Signs and seals plans when necessary, and reviews plans prepared by others for approval.
- Develops, establishes, implements and monitors departmental revenue and expense metrics to meet company-wide projections and goals.
- Provides engineering assistance to other departments and divisions.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, practices and applications.
- Extensive knowledge of principles, methods, equipment and materials used in construction of mechanical engineering projects.
- Extensive knowledge of accepted personnel, supervisory, budgetary, operational and management principles and practices.
- Ability to plan, supervise, manage and personally participate in a wide variety of technical engineering and construction activities.
- Ability to prepare clear and comprehensive proposals and reports, and to recommend and justify budgetary-related funding requests and proposals.
- Ability to manage engineering and construction contracts and contract practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with other employees, supervisors, individuals from other organizations, and clients/customers.
- Experience with varied types of mechanical systems commonly found in the pulp/paper industry, mining, PRB coal storage/trans load facilities, bulk material handling systems/facilities or related industrial facilities.
Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering, with classification as Licensed or Registered Professional Engineer.
Experience: Five to ten years’ experience in mechanical/industrial engineering design and construction or other related engineering work.
Job Requirements: Successfully complete the pre-employment drug screening and possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Please submit cover letter along with resume by using the online form on this page, or at the Careers page at www.krechojard.com, or by mail to:
Krech Ojard & Associates, Inc.,
Human Resources Manager
227 W First Street, Suite 500
Duluth, MN 55802
For more details and qualifications on this Mechanical Engineer position Click Here.