J.F. Brennan is accepting applications for a Legal Insurance Intern in La Crosse, WI.
Under the direction of the Insurance and Contract Specialist, the Legal & Insurance Intern will have the opportunity to learn a business’s legal practice, contract management, insurance program and compliance. This is an opportunity to develop sound business practice skills, gain insight on the legality issues, experience professional growth, and make significant contributions to our company.
Legal & Insurance Intern Responsibilities:
- Assist with departmental workflow and document tracking processes
- Review, analyze, document & file legal and insurance project-specific documents for compliance purposes
- Assist with managing Union Contracts Database, Purchase Order set up
- Assist with Certificate of Insurance requests and compliance.
- Assist with annual insurance renewal.
- Assist with Bond requests and requirements.
- Any other duties assigned by Contract Manager and General Counsel
Legal & Insurance Intern Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a business degree program
- High level of detail orientation with excellent follow-up skills
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and re-prioritize at a moment’s notice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, on computers and other electronic devices
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter, highly organized, and creative
- Superior time management and organizational capabilities, including the ability to accurately benchmark project length, deliver on deadlines
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work. Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the sixth year in a row recognized by Fortune magazine as a Best Workplacein Construction.
- Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
- Our focus on safetyand quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
- We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about J.F. Brennan here.