Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc, (CEC) is accepting applications for a Lidar Technician (Bridgeport, WV)
As a LiDAR Technician for Civil & Environmental Consultants, you serve as a primary resource for LiDAR data processing on topographic and utility surveys. You'll classify LiDAR data using Terrascan to meet customer requirements, extract Features and Terrain Models using TopoDOT software, and issue all project deliverables in a timely manner in order to support administrative, procurement and construction activities. You'll communicate and coordinate with internal departments to achieve resolution of project-related activities, provide internal daily status reports of activities, and execute special duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree Geography, GIS, Geomatics or other related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with emphasis on LiDAR data classification and extraction (required)
- Skilled use of Microstation/Terrascan, TopoDOT, AutoCAD Civil3D, ArcGIS, Google Earth, and other mapping software (required)
- Ability to work in a safe manner and obey safety regulations at all times.
- Knowledge of surveying and mapping practices
- Experienced in LiDAR data processing software, including POSPAc MMS and Inertial Explorer
- Demonstrated proficiency in LiDAR classification software, including MicroStation/Terrascan
- Ability to organize daily and weekly plans
- Knowledge of ArcGIS
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Software
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. is an engineering and environmental consulting firm with more than 1,000 team members and 23 offices nationwide. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, CEC is consistently ranked among the top firms on Engineering News-Record’s annual lists of the Top Design Firms and Top Environmental Firms.
At CEC, every member of our team has a personal stake in ensuring the success of our clients. Because their success is our success. As employee-owners of the firm, we are all personally accountable for building lasting relationships and delivering outstanding results. Because we don’t just work at CEC. We own it.
CEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.