GHD is accepting applications for a Linear Infrastructure Water Lead (Concord, Irvine and Los Angeles, CA)
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. Due to continued rapid growth and expansion of the water group in the Southern California area, we are seeking a Linear Infrastrucure water Lead in Los Angeles and Orange County Area, with the choice of offices being Los Angeles (downtown), Long Beach or Irivne, to continue our expansion of a highly successful group. You will be a leader within our Water practice in California and will work collaboratively with other group leaders, our Regional Water leadership, and our global Water Practice to expand our market position in the Southern California area, as well as help lead and develop our technical resources and capabilities.
Proven track record in project execution and marketing with the following desired experience profile:
Business Development & Client Service Skills:
- Manage GHD’s client contact plan for key project positioning efforts
- Lead project capture plans, coordination of proposal preparation and activities
- Participation at client functions, social events and conferences in networking with existing and emerging client contacts
- Assist in critical California water business development initiatives
- Provide hands-on technical guidance to engineers and technical staff in delivering ongoing municipal, water and wastewater projects
- Mentorship of project engineers and designers in the development of their engineering and design skills
- Apply proven experience on municipal infrastructure projects to complete preliminary and detailed design of storm and sanitary sewer collection systems, water supply, distribution and storage systems, pumping stations, recycled water facilities, potable water and wastewater treatment facilities, and desalination plants.
- Provide guidance and QA/QC on all engineering design, calculations, design briefs and technical reports for municipal infrastructure, master plans, environmental assessments, and detailed design projects
- Promote corporate participation at technical conferences and provide senior guidance and review for key technical conference papers generation
Project Management responsibilities include:
- Client relationship management for all active projects
- Serve as a Senior Project Manager for our more complex and larger multi-disciplined water and wastewater projects in the Southern California Area
- Provide senior leadership and expertise support on water and wastewater project opportunities across North America
- Project Controls Management including Scope, Time, Financial, Change, Risk, QA/QC
- Workload forecasting tool for staff resources and estimate-to-complete for all active projects on a monthly basis
- Attend scheduled Project Management meetings to discuss project resource needs and conflicts, unbilled and aging accounts receivables, and proposal activity
- Mentorship of project managers and project engineers in the development of their project management skills as they proceed through the project management career path
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- University Engineering Degree
- Licensed Engineering Professional in the State of California
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in Project Management, design and construction of water and wastewater infrastructure projects
- Having a well-established client base throughout the Southern California Area
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Excellent people leadership and mentoring skills
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
For more information and to apply click here.