Ingram Barge is looking for a Linehaul Pilot (Nashville, TN)
Navigate your way to a new and exciting career!
We're looking for experienced leaders who can safely navigate the river while also driving a high-performance culture onboard the vessel.
Ingram Barge Company Pilots:
- Assure safe crew, vessel and tow operations through use of Ingram’s’ safety systems and policies.
- Supervise the Mate and Deckhands in consultation with the Captain and shore-based leadership.
- Assure safe and efficient vessel navigation through compliance with the “rules of the road”, practicing good seamanship and boat handling skills.
- Comply with and ensure crew compliance with USCG and environmental laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate felt leadership and promote harmony among the crew.
- Delegate vessel responsibilities, duties, and tasks considering crew members experience and abilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Hold a USCG Master of Towing Vessel license.
- Hold a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Hold a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Hold a FCC Radio License
- Hold a Radar endorsement
- Be CPR, First Aid, AED Certified, or willing to obtain upon hire
- Have proficient computer skills to include E-mail, internet browsers, and navigational systems
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) or state ID
- At least one trip on double locking river
- At least one trip (at least 14 days) on harbor boat decking
- Must steer for at least 18 months with at least 2 high water seasons
- High School Diploma / GED
- 4-5 years of experience
- Advanced education and training (SCI, CEMS, Etc.); CPR and First Aid
Ingram operates 5,000 barges with a fleet of over 80 linehaul vessels and approximately 150 tug/tow boats. The company operates on the Mississippi River, Ohio River, Cumberland River, Tennessee River, Gulf Intracoastal Waterway, Kanawha River, Illinois River, and the Monongahela River.
Ingram's fleet is maintained at the highest level of standards and equipment with state-of-the-art navigation & communication technology.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.