Linehaul Pilot (Nashville, TN)
Navigate your way to a new and exciting career! We're looking for experienced leaders who can safely navigate the river while also driving a high-performance culture onboard the vessel. Ingram transports dry and liquid commodities on over 4,500 miles of America’s inland waterways.
Ingram Barge Company Pilots:
- Assure safe crew, vessel and tow operations through use of Ingram’s’ safety systems and policies.
- Supervise the Mate and Deckhands in consultation with the Captain and shore-based leadership.
- Assure safe and efficient vessel navigation through compliance with the “rules of the road”, practicing good seamanship and boat handling skills.
- Comply with and ensure crew compliance with USCG and environmental laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate felt leadership and promote harmony among the crew.
- Delegate vessel responsibilities, duties, and tasks considering crew members experience and abilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Hold a USCG Master of Towing Vessel license.
- Hold a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Hold a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Hold a FCC Radio License
- Hold a Radar endorsement
- Be CPR, First Aid, AED Certified, or willing to obtain upon hire
- Have proficient computer skills to include E-mail, internet browsers, and navigational systems
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) or state ID
- At least one trip on double locking river
- At least one trip (at least 14 days) on harbor boat decking
- Must steer for at least 18 months with at least 2 high water seasons
- High School Diploma / GED
- 4-5 years of experience
Advanced education and training (SCI, CEMS, Etc.); CPR and First Aid
To learn more and apply for this position: