Loader Operator- Barge Unloading (Jefferson City and Kansas City, MO)
Capital Sand Company is accepting applications for a Loader Operator- Barge Unloading (Jefferson City, MO)
Capital Sand Company is currently looking to fill a Loader Operator. This position is responsible for unloading barges and is a part of the dredging crew. The position will travel on a barge through Washington, Jefferson City, Glasgow, Lexington/KC area, and many other locations.
The position requires the ability to work a rotating schedule. Primarily 5 days/week and 12-hour shifts. Some weekends as needed. Flexibility is necessary.
- Safely operator front-end loader and/or material handler on a barge.
- Move and unload sand and gravel from barge with the use of heavy equipment.
- Perform general maintenance of heavy equipment; greasing, changing cutting edges, maintain maintenance logs, etc.
- Perform general maintenance on dock equipment, replacing bearings, replacing conveyor idlers, splicing conveyor belts, cutting, welding and fabrication.
- Servicing of deck equipment (winches, water pumps, etc.)
- Maintain dock barge in a clean, organized, and safe manner.
- Perform pre-shift inspections of heavy equipment and on dock equipment.
- As a part of the dredging crew, you will assist with deckhand duties of tying/securing barges to the tow boat, dock barge and into fleet.
- Participates in safety training, drills and meetings to ensure overall equipment and crew safety.
- Observe and comply with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Suggest corrective action to improve plant and equipment performance and assist with implementation.
- Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Cross training and learn the other job functions within the dredging crew. This allows for the crew members to have a variety of job functions throughout the day/week.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of the practices and techniques applied to the safe operation of heavy equipment, to include record keeping of equipment.
- Operate heavy equipment.
- Perform maintenance on equipment, as needed.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending over, climbing, reaching overhead, kneeling, balancing, pushing, or pulling, talking/communication, repetitive use of legs, lifting up to 50 lbs., carrying up to 75 lbs., eye/hand coordination.
- Valid driver’s license (preferred)
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to do overnight travel.
- Must pass a pre-physical, drug test/alcohol screen, and background check.
- Strong work ethic and proven track record.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Ability to read and understand the English language.
- Not afraid of working on/around water.
- Training or working knowledge of MSHA and Coast Guard regulations a plus.
- Welding experience a plus.
- Mechanical experience a plus.
- Deckhand experience on inland rivers a plus.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. We offer competitive wages and great employee benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Capital will give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Please click here to learn more or apply.
Learn more about Capital Sand Company here.