Terral River Service, Inc. is accepting applications for a Loading and Heavy Machinery Operator (Pensecola, FL; Memphis, TN)
The Loading and Heavy Machinery Operator is responsible for the unloading of various aggregates and other materials from barge to truck. Must possess skills in organization, time management, communications, and safety awareness. This position reports to the Unloading Operations Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates unloading and loading equipment and heavy machinery including material handlers, Skid Steer Loader, Front-End Loader, etc.
- Routinely consults personnel on machine specifications and safety procedures for specific job tasks to ensure efficient and safe site operations.
- Conducts routine inspections before operating equipment to identify needed maintenance or repairs.
- Performs or requests necessary repairs and adjustments to equipment.
- Communicates and reports on site activities when required.
- Effectively completes unloading and related tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Expertise Desired:
- Working knowledge of operating heavy machinery.
- Knowledge of unloading/loading procedures and techniques.
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively to subordinates.
- Ability to complete safety awareness training and lead by example.
- Excellent mechanical and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely detail oriented and timely when completing reports.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to oversee and coordinate a variety of people in different roles.
- Ability to quickly identify problems and efficiently solve them.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One to two years of related experience desired.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment background and drug screening.
- Able to complete physically demanding work.
- Able to work in all types of weather as required.
- Able to lift and carry heavy objects.
- Good hand-eye-foot coordination and sense of balance.
- Able to kneel, crouch, or crawl in awkward spaces to repair equipment.
About Terral River Service, Inc:
Terral River Service (TRS) is a Family owned business with a continually growing footprint of boats and barges throughout most of the inland waterway system of the US. We specialize in bulk storage, material handling, river, road and rail logistics along the Mississippi River system, the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway and the inland waterways of Louisiana and southern Arkansas. With our growing fleet of push boats, river barges and modern dock operations strategically located throughout the Lower Mississippi River Valley, we are outfitted to transport, handle and store virtually any commodity needed in the marketplace. TRS has over 400 employees and has operations in multiple states.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Terral River Service, Inc. here.