NEW Cooperative, Inc. is accepting applications for a Location Manager (Palmer, IA)
Description: Manages the overall operations of the locations and provides supervision of personnel. Responsible for promoting and providing products and services, which will ensure profitable farming operations and satisfy member needs while enhancing the cooperative’s goals and objectives.
Job Performance Skills:
Gains the support of others. Builds voluntary cooperation through credibility, expertise, influence, and persuasion. Generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the group’s mission. Links organization’s mission/vision/values to everyday work. Sees the potential in people, opportunities, and events. Willing to change or abandon current practices and programs when necessary. Takes appropriate risks to improve performance, try something new, or reach a challenging goal. Communicates clear and demanding expectations.
Job Knowledge/Technical Skills
Is an expert in doing the job. Serves as a resource to others. Has a great deal of relevant experience. Makes good suggestions about ways to improve. Makes active efforts to stay up-to-date. Requires minimal supervision.
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Do not make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries a fair share of the workload.
Stays within budget. Deals promptly with budget variances. Develops cost-saving measures and recommendations. Actively avoids waste or misuse of supplies and assets. Makes realistic budget projections.
Adaptability/Flexibility/ Change Management
Adapts easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities. Promptly switches strategies or tactics if the current ones are not working. Works comfortably with people of widely differing styles, temperaments, and preferences. Deals maturely with anger, frustration, and disappointment. Bounces back quickly from setbacks and frustrations. Is able to see the merits of positions.
Ethics and Integrity
Respects and maintains confidentiality. Admits mistakes in spite of the potential for negative consequences. Presents unpleasant or disagreeable facts in an appropriate manner. Keeps promises; meets goals and deadlines. Avoids situations and associations that could be considered inappropriate. Honest in all dealings. Upholds and models the organization’s values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise location personnel and daily operations.
- Ensures a safe work environment as outlined by NEW Cooperative’s policies and procedures
- Responsible for the receiving and quality of the grain, and the grain being settled on a timely basis.
- Responsible for all rolling stock, agronomy and grain equipment, equipment maintenance, and record-keeping. Also having qualified people working on and operating the equipment.
- Keeps accurate inventory of all grain and agronomy products.
- Maintain communication concerning grain quality and available inventory.
- Responsible for maintaining grades and timeliness of shuttle train loading.
- Responsible for the accurate billing of products sold and services provided.
- Supervise the scheduling of application equipment
- Establish and achieve the profitability and sales goals identified in the annual budget
- Assist in developing competitive marketing strategies.
- Maintains communication with local farmers and customers concerning commodity prices and trends.
- Solicits new business and is responsible for maintaining a positive image of NEW Cooperative within the community.
- Prepares budgets for fixed assets and rolling stock needed at the location.
- 3 – 5 years Cooperative site location management
- 1 – 3 years agribusiness supervisory experience
- Understand the importance of providing very high levels of customer service
- Understand the seasonality of the farm supply business and the in-season time commitment.
- Thorough understanding of grain handling equipment and processes including unit train loading.
- Complete knowledge of custom application and similar agronomy equipment
- Must have good computer skills
- Must be able to interact and effectively communicate with customers and individuals at all levels of the organization
- Must have problem-solving skills as well as be self-motivated
- Basic accounting skills for work with inventory and billing
- Acceptable driving record
The direction came from two local co-ops – one with rail capabilities and the other with additional grain to fill those outgoing trains. From the start, the idea was progressive, savvy, and practical. When we pool our resources, they said, every single farm gains momentum.
Together, our Iowa farmers buy better and sell better. Every crop year they can capitalize on the ability to produce more efficiently, too. Knowledgeable employees attracted by our vision and sense of mission help NEW Cooperative customers know what’s merely inventive and which innovations make strong economic sense. As a result, we’re always achieving something NEW!
For more information and to apply for this position click here.
Learn more about NEW Cooperative, Inc. here.