Tangent Technologies is accepting applications for a Logistics Director (Aurora, IL)
Tangent Technologies, LLC offers the most innovative recycled plastic lumber-wood alternative solutions for a multitude of outdoor markets and high value applications. We have more than a decade invested in being "first to market" by developing technological advancements to offer innovative products and features for our customers to support their respective industries.
Logistics Director - Job Summary
This role supports all Tangent Technologies operations in both the US and Canada. This position reports to the CFO. The logistics leader is instrumental in building relationships with transportation suppliers, having proactive communication, effectively negotiating rates, and managing contracts. Success includes developing and executing strategic and tactical initiatives for the organization by collaborating with sales and manufacturing teams to ensure solutions are in place to effectively meet aligned business objectives, support business growth, drive profitability, and elevate the customer experience. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, motivated, dependable, and innovative, in looking for opportunities to excel within a Supply Chain organization.
Logistics Director - Role & Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of global logistics strategies as well as local/regional logistics models, to support and optimize the global distribution of Tangent's products, including inter-company logistics.
- Lead all aspects of daily management and tracking of in-transit shipments from origin to destination including booking, document preparation, follow-up, root cause analysis on issues and tracking delivery performance.
- Responsible for incoming rail logistics for raw materials.
- Oversees critical and related inventory, distribution, and transportation functions that support the achievement of organizational goals and KPI's for product delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Prepare and manage the department budget, cost forecasting, partnering with Finance leadership on key insights to achieve targeted results, and accurately plan/forecast financial outcomes inclusive of capital spending.
- Orchestrate the strategy and leads operational efficiency improvements, cost reduction efforts, and streamlining initiatives across all logistics and distribution network by implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develop the business system infrastructure and workflow to support product tracking, forecasting, cost control, and optimization.
- Understand the current market situation and trends, recommend and manage strategies for risk mitigation across all markets in partnership with the global and regional leadership, in order to ensure on-time delivery for all projects.
- Develop and update the roadmap for warehousing and fulfillment strategy to ensure organizational alignment and empowerment to execute the strategy.
- Work with the product team to plan logistics solutions for new products.
- Oversee the implementation of the 3PL strategy, including developing and implementing system-wide part level visibility of in-transit shipments
Logistics Director - Required Skills & Abilities
- Significant experience in Operations Management - supply chain, logistics, fleet management and/or specific relevant transportation experience.
- Expert in negotiating, sales and/or broker experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex business situations and problems and coordinate many complex activities & projects simultaneously
- Ability to think out of the box and develop as well as implement strategies
- Thrive working in a fast paced, startup environment.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with proven management experience
Logistics Director - Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics/Supply Chain or a related discipline or equivalent experience is preferred
- 10+ years experience logistics, rail, OTR transportation.
Logistics Director - Physical Requirements
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.