American Commercial Barge Line (ACBL) is accepting applications for a Logistics Intern (Jeffersonville, IN).
The Logistics Intern will be able to apply education, skills, and experience while gaining practical experience as they learn about the ACBL Logistics Department.
- Learns ACBL Logistics best practices
- Provides telephonic and email support for Logistics function
- Assist the Logistic Team with the following:
o Gather and update information required to assist in the management and dispatch of barges and boats in an assigned area.
o Support the Traffic Managers and Traffic Dispatchers by communicating barge placement, planning, allocation, and boat planning information to the customers.
o Document barge release and placement information.
o Communicate boat orders and orchestrates port occurrences with harbor services.
o Support Traffic Dispatchers, Traffic Managers, and System Planners by gathering information and assisting with area forecasts
- Participates in team discussions and brings fresh ideas
- Performs other duties as assigned
S Diploma/GED is Required
Current enrollment in college coursework is preferred
Years of Experience:
0-1 years of office work experience is preferred, but not required
- Proficient in using MS Office software and/or GSuite products is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possession of organizational skills and results orientation
- Must be dependable in attendance and meet deadlines as established
- Critical thinking process orientation
- Ability to determine priorities
American Commercial Barge Line is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
As a leader in inland barge transportation, ACBL moves the grain, dry bulk and liquid commodities relied upon by consumers, businesses and industries every day. ACBL provides a wide array of barging solutions to meet your transportation needs and the flexibility required to support your business. With one of the nation’s largest and newest inland river barge fleets, ACBL operates the safest, most reliable and efficient equipment for transporting cargoes along 7,200 miles of U.S. inland waterways. With a fully integrated network, we provide transloading, warehousing, storage and fleeting services to support barge transportation throughout the Mississippi River System and its tributaries.
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.