Logistics Services Inc. is accepting applications for an Equipment Operator (Little Rock, AR)
With marine terminal operations in more than 200 locations around the world, SSA Marine is unmatched in skill, experience and productivity. It all begins with our greatest assets: our employees. We invest in our people and offer career opportunities with global impact. In turn, our customers reap the benefits of a highly productive and engaged workforce that consistently delivers with the greatest care and efficiency. Our current opportunities include the following positions:
Logistics Services Inc.: Equipment Operator (Little Rock, AR)
The Equipment Operator is a part of the operations team and is responsible for the direction and handling of cargo. While maintaining a positive working relationship the operator is to set the standard and be held accountable for a safe and efficient operation.
- Work closely with staff while handling cargo as directed safely and in a manner to complete tasks according to plans.
- Supports, monitors and trouble shoots, when necessary, ensuring data is accurate and informs terminal staff of any discrepancies.
- Must understand and adhere to safety procedures while implementing plans to address safety hazards.
- Reports problems and issues to appropriate Manager.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience operating powered industrial truck type equipment.
- Thorough knowledge or principles of terminal operations.
- Experience with power and hand tools.
- Knowledge of safety and accident prevention codes and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of cargo stowage and stability strongly desired.
- Required to observe all safety and health requirements.
- Requires the ability to operate large equipment and direct a complex and diverse workforce in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires problem solving skills to respond quickly and effectively to operational issues
- Requires the ability to follow instructions in a fast-paced environment and be available to work varied hours and days
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively with workforce and other staff
- Requires the ability to analyze and trouble shoot operations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Must be able to work in rotating shifts, days, evenings and nights.
- Must be able to work in extreme outdoor temperatures of hot and cold, extremely dusty conditions and occasionally, conditions of high levels of noise.
- The ability to work in an environment that may be hazardous to persons unable to see and hear fast moving equipment
- The ability to drive 50%
- The ability to operate various types of equipment.