Logistics Park Dubuque Inc. (LDP) is accepting applications for a Logistics Specialist in Stoughton, WI. At Travero, we believe there is always a way to get to YES. That innovative thinking can overcome any challenge. That being a good partner means delivering – every time. That silos are something you see out the window, not in the office. That a company can exist to serve people with uncommon, common sense. That a good logistics partner makes you better at what you do for your customers. That success requires agility and ambitious action. With experts in brokerage, trucking, rail, trans-loading and warehousing, Travero’s creative solutions allow our customers to focus on the thing they care about most — growing their business.
Travero, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alliant Energy, is a logistics solutions company with more than 100 years of experience in freight management and delivery. Travero’s focus centers on giving customers a one-stop shop for customized supply chain solutions via our portfolio of transportation and logistics firms.
What Sets Us Apart
- Competitive pay and an excellent benefits package
- A dedication to career growth and development.
- A culture that embraces our core values of live safety, do the right thing, care for others, make things better, act for tomorrow, and think beyond – be bold
Travero Logistics has an outstanding opportunity to join our team as a Logistics Specialist in Stoughton, WI!
As a Logistics Specialist in our Stoughton, WI office, you will own the transportation process from end to end managing customer and carrier relationships while moving freight around the country. As a freight brokerage, we facilitate the relationship between our shipper customers and our carrier partners. If this sounds like something you are interested in, we’d like you to continue reading and apply for this role.
Onsite Schedule - 8 hour shift Monday - Friday, between the hours of 7:00am-5:00pm with some on call requirements and additional works hours when needed.
- Freight order management; entering shipments in Transportation Management System (TMS), scheduling pickup and delivery appointments, and securing truck capacity.
- Ensure on time pickup and delivery needs are met by communicating directly with trucking companies then communicate shipment status to customers to meet service expectations.
- Meets Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including daily load volume, revenue, margin, and customer service metrics.
- Deliver exceptional service by developing good working relations with clients and carriers.
- Provide after-hours coverage as a member of the on-call support rotation.
- Stay informed with industry and market trends to manage carrier cost and customer spend.
- Solicit, quote, and develop new opportunities for Travero Logistics to haul freight.
- Promote new account growth via carrier sourcing and client account penetration.
- 3 year of customer service or sales experience, within an office environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of experience in logistics operations.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 year of Transportation Management System (TMS) experience
- Transportation or logistics experience such as planning, coordinating, sales, operations, etc.
- Exposure to transportation and logistics related processes; purchasing, shipping and receiving, warehousing, appointment scheduling, tracking and tracing, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Performs job duties with a sense of urgency and ability to multitask.
- Ability to work on a team environment while maintaining an individual work load.
- Extremely organized and solid attention to detail.
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to work effectively in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Proficient computer knowledge: Keyboarding, MS Office, Internet, Maps.
It's not just what we do; it's how we do it.
Live Safety. Everyone. Always | Make Things Better | Care For Others | Do The Right Thing | Act For Tomorrow | Think Beyond. Be Bold
Travero is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals.
All candidates selected for employment with Travero and/or Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about Logistics Park Dubuque Inc. (LPD) here.