This job is primarily responsible for the maintenance, servicing, and inspection of all facility equipment and general facility maintenance. Additional responsibilities may be required that are highly skilled maintenance tasks e.g. electrical, fabrication, welding, cutting, blue print reading, carpentry, etc.
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive nor imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent in this job. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed or may perform related duties as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs and type of facility.
- Fully participate in the company Safety Program and attends daily pre-shift meetings.
- Perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, company safety, and environmental regulations (ISO where applicable); including wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
- Perform daily walk-through of facility and equipment, plan and prioritize day based on facility needs and supervisor input.
- Perform routine inspections and preventative maintenance (per manufacturer's recommendations and company policies) to maximize equipment life and reduce downtime.
- Troubleshoot reported or discovered equipment issues; repair or replace defective parts or requests assistance as needed.
- Maintain needed inventory to complete routine tasks and maintenance.
- Complete documentation timely, accurately and legibly.
- Perform general housekeeping and clean-up of all work areas.
- Utilize understanding of industry standards and research information to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Other duties as assigned; such as performing highly skilled maintenance where applicable (electrical, fabrication, welding, cutting, blue print reading, carpentry, etc.).
Required - High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent experience.
Preferred - 1 years’ experience working in an industrial environment with a dependable work record.
Preferred – Mechanical Maintenance Certificate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate to advanced level of understanding of mechanical maintenance, knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Basic mathematical skills (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Ability to accept and follow directions.
- Ability to apply common sense and logical thought process to interpret oral and written communications and recommend alternative solutions to mechanical problems.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
Physical Demands & Requirements
- Ability to lift/push/pull 45 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to push/pull up to 100 lbs., frequently, where applicable.
- Ability to climb, bend and twist occasionally.
- Ability to open truck hoppers, where applicable.
- Ability to stand and walk frequently.
- Ability to grasp and reach frequently.
- Ability to understand and communicate verbally, in person and over two-way radio.
- Ability to understand and communicate written instructions.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to climb stairs and climb ladders to significant heights.
- Ability to perform work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work in an environment with high dust levels.
- Ability to meet requirements of PFT and fit testing, when applicable.
- Ability to meet requirement of and utilize all applicable PPE, when applicable.
- Ability to distinguish, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality odors, or recognizing particular odors, using nose.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekend, holidays and/or alternate shifts as needed.
- Ability to safely walk on barge surface(s) with the ability to work around deep water (Convent, LA location only).
- Ability to open silo bin doors and rail car hoppers (Convent, LA location only).
- Uses near, far and peripheral vision and depth perception for task(s) being performed; may need to be able to identify problems with grain.
The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment.
Travel, 5%-20% travel may be required at some facilities. This may include off-site training and/or work at alternate locations.
This description reflects the assignment of essential functions and is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job. Nothing in this job description restricts the organization’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
CGB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries.
To apply to this position, click here