Trinity River Authority of Texas is accepting applications for a Maintenance Mechanic I (Midlothian, TX)
This position performs routine skilled maintenance work and assists in repairing buildings, machines, vehicles, and a variety of equipment located at water/wastewater treatment plants or pumping stations. Work is performed under direct supervision.
SALARY Minimum $32,670 Maximum $50,638 commensurate with experience and skill set (includes excellent benefit package with 24 days of PTO, employer paid health and life insurance, pension plan and more).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors and performs routine preventive maintenance and repair to existing buildings, machinery and equipment. Work may be performed on such process equipment as raw water pumps, digester mixing equipment, digester boilers, high service pumps, remote control valves and elevated storage tank equipment. Demonstrates a general knowledge of area flows and process equipment.
- Performs general maintenance to grounds including mowing, edging, weedeating, digging, and operation of related equipment. May perform general housekeeping and a wide variety of janitorial services as required and/or directed.
- Assists with carpentry, painting, plumbing, grounds and welding work. Demonstrates proper use and safe operation of hand tools & power tools.
- Utilizes O&M Manuals, technical publications and manufacturers' specifications in the process of repairing equipment under supervision. Responsible for maintaining thorough and complete process record and log. May assist with data input into computer system.
- Responsible for maintaining thorough and complete process records and logs. Develop knowledge, skills and abilities to effectively utilize computer applications and software, including but not limited to; Microsoft Office business applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.), computerized maintenance management system or enterprise software, and SharePoint or other common cloud based file sharing services.
- Observes all safety guidelines and security measures as established by the Authority.
- Maintains good communications with supervisor and coworkers.
- May be responsible for responding to various emergency situations, including after-hours, as directed by supervisor.
High school diploma or GED.
One year of maintenance experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Texas driver's license. Water/Wastewater Treatment and Operator Competency License as required by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality within one year (if applicable).
Basic mathematical functions and computer skills.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to comprehend and carry out written and oral instruction. Ability to read operation and maintenance manuals, blueprints and safety data sheets.
Receives periodic supervision and uses guidelines/range of procedures. Follows periodic direct instructions and guidelines, uses policies and procedures that require some interpretation. Problems that cannot be addressed through an existing guideline, policy or procedure are referred to supervisor or more senior position. Incumbent must exercise judgment about whether to escalate issues.
This position requires moderate physical exertion with daily lifting requirements of up to 25 pounds and lifting of up to 60 pounds on occasion.
Working conditions include exposure to weather, odor, noise, chemical hazards, gases and dust, standing for prolonged periods of time, walking up and down several flights of stairs, climbing and descending ladders, working at heights, and working in tight or confined spaces.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Hand and power tools including drill press and lathe, welding equipment, mowing equipment, tractor, backhoe, crane, pickup truck, vac-con truck, flatbed truck, janitorial equipment, and cleaning aerosols.
The Trinity River Authority’s mission is to promote conservation, reclamation, protection and development of the natural resources of the river basin for the benefit of the public.
At TRA, we are proud of the many services we provide to more than 60 cities in the Trinity River basin that improve the quality of life for millions of residents. We understand that safe, clean water is a necessity; in fact, water is the single-most essential element to life as we know it. We have made it our mission at TRA to make access to clean water a reality for the residents of the Trinity River basin.
For more information and to apply for any of these positions click here.