Consolidated Terminals and Logistics Company (CTLC), a division of CGB Enterprises, Inc., is accepting applications for Maintenance Technician (Benton, Enfield and Pinckneyville, IL; Princeton, IN; Friars Point, MS; Enid, OK)
This job is primarily responsible for the maintenance, servicing, and inspection of all facility equipment and general facility maintenance. Additional responsibilities may be required that are highly skilled maintenance tasks e.g. electrical, fabrication, welding, cutting, blue print reading, carpentry, etc.
In this job, you will:
Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs and type of facility.
- Fully participate in the company Safety Program and attends daily pre-shift meetings.
- Perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, company safety, and environmental regulations (ISO where applicable); including wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
- Perform daily walk-through of facility and equipment, plan and prioritize day based on facility needs and supervisor input.
- Perform routine inspections and preventative maintenance (per manufacturer's recommendations and company policies) to maximize equipment life and reduce downtime.
- Troubleshoot reported or discovered equipment issues; repair or replace defective parts or requests assistance as needed.
- Maintain needed inventory to complete routine tasks and maintenance.
- Complete documentation timely, accurately and legibly.
- Perform general housekeeping and clean-up of all work areas.
- Utilize understanding of industry standards and research information to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Other duties as assigned; such as performing highly skilled maintenance where applicable (electrical, fabrication, welding, cutting, blue print reading, carpentry, etc.).
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
Required - High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent experience.
Required – None.
Preferred - 1 years’ experience working in an industrial environment with a dependable work record.
Preferred – Mechanical Maintenance Certificate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate to advanced level of understanding of mechanical maintenance, knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Basic mathematical skills (i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Ability to accept and follow directions.
- Ability to apply common sense and logical thought process to interpret oral and written communications and recommend alternative solutions to mechanical problems.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
Here’s additional information you need to know:
Physical Demands & Requirements
- Ability to lift/push/pull 45 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to push/pull up to 100 lbs., frequently, where applicable.
- Ability to climb, bend and twist occasionally.
- Ability to open truck hoppers, where applicable.
- Ability to stand and walk frequently.
- Ability to grasp and reach frequently.
- Ability to understand and communicate verbally, in person and over two-way radio.
- Ability to understand and communicate written instructions.
- Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to climb stairs and climb ladders to significant heights.
- Ability to perform work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work in an environment with high dust levels.
- Ability to meet requirements of PFT and fit testing, when applicable.
- Ability to meet requirement of and utilize all applicable PPE, when applicable.
- Ability to distinguish, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality odors, or recognizing particular odors, using nose.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekend, holidays and/or alternate shifts as needed.
- Ability to safely walk on barge surface(s) with the ability to work around deep water (Convent, LA location only).
- Ability to open silo bin doors and rail car hoppers (Convent, LA location only).
- Uses near, far and peripheral vision and depth perception for task(s) being performed; may need to be able to identify problems with grain.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Frequently required to use personal protective equipment.
- Travel, 5%-20% travel may be required at some facilities. This may include off-site training and/or work at alternate locations.
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CTLC possesses one of the largest and most sophisticated networks of assets and manpower in the U.S. It has become one of the major logistics providers and handlers of bulk commodities and products throughout the middle and lower United States. In addition, CTLC now serves the global marketplace, capable of moving customers’ products from anywhere in the world to its final destination in the United States, and vice versa. From trucking to ocean freight, CTLC is an organization capable of providing world-class service with a small company attitude.
For more information and to apply for this position click here.