Yager Materials is accepting applications for a Maintenance Welder (Owensboro, KY)
Performs general repairs to all machinery, mechanical equipment and performs general maintenance work in and around the aggregate yards.
- Ability to pass in-house welding test (7018 uphill vertical bend test)
- Knowledge and skill in maintenance of conveyor belts and its components
- Ability to set up work area, including removal of conveyor components, clamping belts, and raising counterweights
- Disassembles and repairs production equipment by replacing worn or broken parts, including bearings, rollers, motors, controls, etc.
- Basic math skills, ability to read and understand tape measurements
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Inspection of condition and operation of plant equipment and perform necessary adjustments and repairs
- Ability to operate forklift, man lifts, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Extensive experience with Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Self-motivated, organized and able to take care of assigned tools
About the Team
With over 100 years of experience, Owensboro, KY has been home to Yager Materials. During this time, Yager has grown to become a premiere producer and service provider within the community and the various yards supplied along the Ohio River. In 2019, Yager Materials merged with Carmeuse Lime & Stone to leverage each company’s strengths to provide our customers with the superior construction services and further diversify our construction portfolio. • Construction Services - Yager has the experience, equipment, and innovative technology to handle all of your construction needs, as small as renting a vehicle to constructing highways for the public and private sector. • Asphalt - Offering environmentally friendly asphalt paving service using hot and warm mix technologies and offering high recycle capabilities. • Aggregate - A leading supplier of construction stone, derrick stone, rip-rap, decorative stone, gravel and sand. • Ready-Mix Concrete - Foremost concrete provider in Western Kentucky, supplying concrete for commercial, residential, and public projects. • Marine - Utilizing our state of the art facility, we build and repair traditional and specialized barges.
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Learn more about Yager Materials here.