CGB is looking for inspired individuals to join the team as Management Trainees for their Terminals who aspire to be in leadership and make a meaningful impact on the future of our company! The 12-14-month trainee program can help you grow your career.
This job is primarily responsible for training to assume a management role (i.e. Superintendent or Operations Manager) and will learn the day to day operations and various roles within the business. The most important responsibility is guarding employee safety. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, learning terminal operations, financial profit & loss, safety program(s), marketing and sales, staffing activities, and how the different business units function together. This job will involve immediate decision making, building and maintaining relationships via phone and in person, and making decisions or participating in decisions that affect profitability for the company and/or for our customers. This role will learn and utilize leadership skills and assume responsibility to ensure terminal operations function in an efficient and profitable manner while facing different and new challenges every day. The job has direct input on personnel issues, financial decisions, construction projects and proposals, as well as the daily operations of the facility.
In this job, you will:
- Openly communicate with assigned mentor on a regular basis; involves interactive discussions, discussions around learned experiences, etc.
- Learn and work in various divisions to learn the day to day operations; may include Stevedoring, Marine, Terminals, Logistics, and Merchandising.
- Manage the location operation for efficiency and profitability; this will include learning how to independently plan staff daily work.
- Participate in, lead, and/or manage the company's safety initiative: work with management and assumes authority to lead, direct, communicate, and enforce the company's safety program at assigned location(s).
- Lead the employees to accomplish the work at hand and improve the location; this may include job duties such as working with employees to coach and manage them to complete necessary tasks, assisting in planning the incoming/out-going commodities.
- Provide recommendations for location and equipment repairs and construction projects.
- Work with management on staffing activities and provide input and/or take action on such issues (hiring, staffing/scheduling, training/coaching/mentoring, employee performance management, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, etc.).
- Work to learn accounting function of the division, department(s), and/or location(s) supported.
- May rotate through various departments at a location or locations; dependent on business needs.
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
- Required – College degree or equivalent related working experience.
- Required – None.
- Preferred – Experience in working outdoors in variable weather conditions; experience in leading a team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of grain or bulk materials handling.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
- Intermediate computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Leadership and managerial skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Ability to travel throughout training period.
- Ability to relocate once training is finalized and ready to promote into new role.
Here’s additional information you need to know:
- Extensive Travel, up to 90% during time in Trainee role.
- Final job placement into a leadership role after the 12-14-month trainee program will be in a location determined by business needs.
- CTLC locations are primarily in the South and Midwest in areas such as Oklahoma along the Arkansas River, Naples, Hennepin, Jeffersonville, etc. There are 14 locations in 6 states.
- Ability to lift/push/pull 45 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel and balance.
- Ability to safely walk and work on barge surface(s) and around barge rigging with ability to work around deep water.
- Ability to walk safely on top of railcars, open gates, operate vibrators etc., where applicable.
- Ability to understand and communicate verbally, in person and over two-way radio.
- Ability to climb ladders and perform work at significant heights.
- Ability to meet requirements of PFT and fit testing, when applicable.
- Ability to meet requirement of and utilize all applicable PPE, when applicable.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekend, holidays and/or alternate shifts as needed.
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment.
- This is not a desk/office job.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today!
To Apply, please click here.
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All Third-Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries.