COWI is accepting applications for a Marine Engineer Diver (Bridgeport, CT).
JOIN COWI'S TEAM IN NORTH AMERICA
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group. As a member of the North American team, you'll join our skilled experts and support projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including marine, offshore wind, bridge, and tunnels.
Living up to our values is a priority in the way we work. We co-create with customers, partners and colleagues for better solutions while delivering on our commitment project by project. We are curious and courageous as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, we care about our planet, our customers, and our colleagues as we collaborate to shape tomorrow’s societies.
As a member of the North America team, you will work across the transportation and energy sectors and beyond, supporting projects within railways, highways, metros, marine, wind, oil and gas, and more.
EXTEND YOUR POTENTIAL IN A GLOBAL TEAM OF EXPERTS
We are looking for an Engineer-Diver to join our Marine team, giving you the opportunity to co-create with our experts on some of the most prestigious infrastructure projects in North America. In this position, you will join our global team of experts and work closely with your Project Director and Lead Professional Engineer-Diver. Your primary responsibility will be to contribute to the successful execution of marine infrastructure inspection, maintenance, and rehabilitation projects.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Work collaboratively with Project Director, Lead P.E. Diver, and members of the engineering dive group
- Planning, execution, and reporting for above water and underwater marine infrastructure inspections
- Perform underwater and above water inspections; operate surface-supplied air diving inspection equipment and vehicles (boats, vans, trailers, etc.)
- Perform face-to-face, written, and verbal communication with clients and client representatives.
- Work collaboratively with other company disciplines (i.e., structural, geotech, coastal, CAD, etc.) to develop various deliverables including but not limited to inspection reports, structural and geotechnical analysis, mooring and berthing analysis, coastal analysis, rehabilitation and/or new structure design, technical specifications, engineering cost estimates, etc.
- Perform/oversee construction administration activities
YOUR SKILLS. OUR TEAM. TOGETHER WE DESIGN THE FUTURE
Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers. You contribute with your expertise and get to learn from the best. To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be a team player with strong written and verbal communication skills who models and promotes the company's core values and culture. You'll pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve, while caring for and respecting our clients, your colleagues and the planet we live on.
Furthermore, you should:
- Hold a BS degree or higher in Civil Engineering (focus in structural engineering preferred) along with having ADCI or equivalent Dive Certification and current First Aid/CPR/AED/O₂ Certification
- Have EIT registration or ability to obtain within 6 months and intention of obtaining PE registration
- Have 3-6 years of previous related experience
- Be Familiar with and have the ability to apply sound engineering and safe diving principles
- Have good planning, organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Be able and willing to travel inside and outside of the continental United States
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Please click on this link for more information. To view a copy of the executed “Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement”, please click here
Please click here to learn more and apply for this position.