Port of New Orleans is accepting applications for a Marine Operator 3.
LOCATION OF WORK: Primarily the Port of New Orleans, but use by other ports may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applications due October 25, 2022
Differs from Port Manager B by the presence of full independent responsibility for a port district, including fiscal, staffing, and reporting components.
Examples of Work
EXAMPLES LISTED BELOW INCLUDE BRIEF SAMPLES OF COMMON DUTIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS JOB TITLE. PLEASE NOTE THAT NOT ALL TASKS ARE INCLUDED.
Complete master log of all operations and submission of required reports.
Inspects equipment, machines, rigging, and gear aboard vessels.
Tows disabled ferry vessels, barges, mooring pontoon and other floating equipment.
May supervise emergency fire and collision drills.
Operates vessel equipment such as marine radio, state radio, radar, and related safety equipment; may train others in the use of equipment.
3,569.00 - $6,401.00 Monthly
Port NOLA offers competitive benefits that prioritize safety, health and wellness for our employees. Employees have access to the following benefits:
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Medical and/or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance options
- Long Term Disability Plan
- State of Louisiana LASERS state pension program
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457 plan) with employer match
- Paid Louisiana State Holidays; and paid Annual and Sick Leave
- Wellness Center located in the Port Administration Building
- Ship Shape Wellness Program