Liebherr is accepting applications for Market Analyst (Newport News, VA).
The holder of this position is responsible for performing market research; evaluate the information and developing studies and reports providing insights regarding the market, trends, competitors, potential and existing customers, as well as current campaigns. Those insights will be distributed in written form and in verbal form in meetings and workshops.
- Perform extensive market research and gather data from various sources (online and print).
- Conduct secondary research, including finding information from industry associations, statisticians and marketing experts.
- Create and maintain up-to-date databases of captured market data.
- Manipulate the data to evaluate the gained information.
- Prepare and hold presentation about gained market information.
- Evaluate market penetration and identify new market opportunities.
- Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause and affect relationships.
- Develop groups and solicit customer feedback in form of questionnaires and surveys.
- Determine brand perceptions and reputations.
- Perform analyses on competitors.
- Identify positive financial outcomes to increase profitability.
- Develop studies and reports about historical, current and future market trends.
- Evaluate demographics, prices, distribution channels, and marketing outlets.
- Support the development of sales-focused company strategies and business cases.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, International Sales, or a Bachelor’s degree in a technical related field such as mechanical, electrical or mining engineering and four (4) years of experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of business and statistical principles involved in business development, marketing and sales.
- Understanding of the application of mining machinery and related equipment.
- Knowledge of micro- and macro-economic theories.
- Be familiar with advanced statistical analysis and research methodologies, along with common computer programs.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task and attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and perform presentations.
- Ability to function in a team environment and work with other groups, as well as facilitate group events.
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Alden at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.
To learn more and apply for this position click here.
Learn more about Liebherr here.