Marketing and Proposal Specialist (Leawood, KS)
This hands-on position takes the lead in responding to requests for qualifications and proposals (RFQ/P) for heavy civil and marine construction projects in both the public and private sectors. In addition to proposals, the individual will be responsible for periodically updating the corporate website and social media accounts; producing incidental marketing material; coordinating with outside service providers; preparing awards applications; and working with customer relationship management (CRM) system.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Produces proposals, pre-qualifications packages, and presentations.
- Assists management team in determining a “win” strategy.
- Prepares proposal schedule and compliance matrix to ensure all requirements are met.
- Meets proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information in review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; and identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal including writing, revising, and editing drafts with input from pursuit teams.
- Maintains quality results by creating and using templates; following proposal-writing requirements including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support database(s).
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key stakeholders and project sponsor.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating processes, and approach and implements changes as necessary.
- Maintains accuracy of marketing information within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, which includes internal information and external contact and project records.
- Prepares awards submissions and company newsletter.
- Supports internal and external communication efforts as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant previous experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign)
- 3+ years of experience in producing proposals, marketing literature, website content, and other collateral materials.
- Prior experience in the general contracting or A/E industries.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional communication, technical writing, and editing skills.
- Highly organized, with the ability to coordinate and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with a wide variety of people; strong customer service orientation; high energy level.
- Ability to assemble a variety of written and graphic components into a cohesive professional proposal or document.
- Self-motivated and accountable, with a strong work ethic. Demonstrates initiative and a positive attitude.
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate varied activity deadlines, with availability to travel as needed.
Massman Construction Co. is a leading national heavy civil, bridge, and marine contractor providing innovation and adding value in a variety of infrastructure markets. Our primary clients are Departments of Transportation, the United States Army Corps of Engineers, barge & ship dock owners, and Class 1 railroads. In addition to being an award-winning organization, we offer some of the best benefits in the industry. We inspire our employees to work and live a safe, healthy, and fulfilling lifestyle.
At Massman Construction Co. you will earn:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and capabilities.
- An excellent benefits package including top tier health insurance, life insurance, health savings account, long term disability insurance, access to dental and vision insurance, and more.
- An outstanding retirement program including a 401(k) plan with a company match and a discretionary profit- sharing contribution.
To learn more and apply for this position: