Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is accepting applications for a Master of Towing Vessels (Nationwide)
The Master of Towing Vessels has the overriding responsibility for the safe operations of the vessel and crew, and is responsible for the transportation and maneuvering of vessels to/from dredging sites and tender operations for dredges as necessary. Vessels operated vary between 40' tender tugs to 75' towing tugs. Also seeking experienced Master of Towing Captains for new fleet of Multi-Cat Towing Vessels.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Safe Operations of the vessel and crew
- Serves as Master of a self-propelled tugboat
- Proper maintenance, operation, administration, navigation and safety of the vessel
- Supervises the maintenance, repairs, and proper functioning of all vessel equipment
- Navigation and operations of the vessel, including the operation and maintenance of navigation equipment and deck machinery
- Supervises and trains the Deckhand and directs duties as needed
- Directs repairs to vessel made by dredge crew, and requisitions necessary supplies and parts
Must be willing to work on non-live aboard and live aboard vessels
This position is available in various areas Nationwide.
Typical work schedule is 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off.
- Valid MMC with U.S. Coast Guard license, or flag state equivalent, as Master of Towing Vessels for the specified vessel route
- Dredging experience preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience operating towing vessels required. Required knowledge of specified channels
- Required ability to read and understand tide, current, and weather conditions effects on the navigation and maneuvering of towed vessels
- Required knowledge of pushing, towing, working around anchors, and maneuvering barges alongside vessels
- Required knowledge of the use of a tow winch, tow lines, cables, rigging and making and breaking tows
- Required ability to dock and undock vessels properly and safely
- Required ability to read and maintain charts and navigational aids
- Able Seaman preferred
- Valid TWIC Required
- GLDD is a COVID-19 vaccination work environment, and you will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination before you can access the company's office, yard, project sites, equipment or vessels.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company, LLC is the largest provider of dredging, land reclamation and beach nourishment services in the United States, and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. With the largest and most diverse dredging fleet in the United States, Great Lakes serves a wide range of customers including the US Army Corps of Engineers, state, local and foreign governments, and private companies both international and domestic.
Headquartered in Houston, TX, GLDD has more than 200 pieces of ocean going, and inland dredging plant located strategically throughout North America and internationally.
Please click here to learn more or apply.
Learn more about Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Company here.