The Mechanic Intern will work closely with experienced mechanics to gain practical, on-the-job experience in maintaining and repairing heavy equipment.
Mechanic Intern Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with mechanics to keep all equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules
- Assist in engine repairs, run diagnostic tests, find the sources of the programs, and then removes and replace faulty parts
- Reports and documents all repairs and maintenance in work order software system
- Learns and assists how to correct equipment deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, and components, parts, or systems
Mechanic Intern Qualifications:
- Pursuing an associates degree in diesel mechanics or related required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Detailed oriented, self-motivated, and able to work alone
- Propose solutions to address equipment issues, improve efficiencies, reduce cost, and address safety issues
- Ability to learn new skills
- Understanding of an array of tools and technical equipment
- Ability to travel up to 70%
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work. Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the seventh year in a row recognized by Fortune magazine as a Best Workplacein Construction.
- Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
- Our focus on safetyand quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
- We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and apply for this position, click here.
Learn more about J.F. Brennan Company here.