Garver is accepting applications for a Mechanical Engineer - Facilities Design (North Little Rock, AR and Austin, TX)
As part of the Facilities Design Group for Garver, this Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for assessing existing facilities and developing mechanical designs and in support of various Facilities Design Business Line projects. Specifically, this responsibility will include a variety of projects related to investigating, planning, design, and commissioning of:
- Existing facilities components and systems
- Facility HVAC system(s)
- Facility plumbing system(s)
- Facility fire protection system(s)
- Facility whole building energy modeling
- Facility sustainability requirements reporting
In addition, this role will include coordination with other support disciplines, and coordination with regional offices. Assisting project managers in management of projects. Following quality assurance and quality control plans. Travel to project locations will be required.
Abilities and attributes needed for this position:
- Basic knowledge of building components and systems
- Basic knowledge of mechanical engineering and sustainability principles
- Utilizing CAD and BIM design software to produce construction drawings
- Ability to perform basic takeoffs and quantity calculations
- Utilize Microsoft Excel based calculation tools for design calculations
- Manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Be responsible for time management and product quality
- Keep accurate and up-to-date project accounting on all assigned projects
- Follow Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plans
- Be responsible for continuing education and learning based on project needs, as well as overall needs of the team
Grow With Us
Garver offers its employees highly competitive salary packages, attractive benefits, programs such as a comprehensive wellness program, company-paid professional memberships, company support for industry licenses and continuing education opportunities that foster a progressive atmosphere. Garver provides the tools, resources, and environment to develop leaders, stimulate ideas, and successfully accomplish projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or architectural engineering with a mechanical from an ABET accredited university or college.
- Must have a basic knowledge base of mechanical engineering principals
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam
- 0-2 years of building design and construction industry experience
- Experience with Autodesk Revit
Founded in 1919, Garver is an employee-owned multi-disciplined engineering, planning, architectural, and environmental services firm with nearly 800 employees across the United States. Offering a wide range of services focused on aviation, construction, facilities design, federal, survey, transportation, and water, Garver sits in the top 125 of the Engineering News-Record's prestigious Top 500 Design Firms list and is consistently recognized as a best firm to work for. Learn more at GarverUSA.com.
Garver is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based upon an individual's capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
For more information and to apply click here.